Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)
  • Never Mind the Buzzcocks
  • Cougar

I’ve no idea who the guy on Phil’s team is, but really,

torsoinalake
    Free Member

It’s just not funny anymore.

Bring back Mark Lamarr.

[video]http://youtu.be/v5ciGksRcQA[/video]

joshvegas
    Free Member

Its a bit unfair to describe it as not funny.

This last series with a permanent host has been pretty solid.

Different from mr lamarr but not not funny.

pondo

Give Rhod time, I think he’s funny anyhow. It’s a bit tired, but still one of my favourite programmes.

STATO
    Free Member

I dont think its helped by some of the bland guests or who are so young they have no amusing anecdotes to tell other than ‘i was drunk at a party…’. I liked John Cooper Clarke, funny and as Noel said, ive never felt so fat with small hair…

Northwind

Basically if Frankie Boyle’s not on it, it’s rubbish

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RlXAOGz8jXI[/video]

The episode with Michelle Williams and Professor Green is genius…

“That’s not very nice”
    “I’m not a very nice man”
    “That’s not true, I think you are a nice man”
    “Well, watch this!”

bikebouy
    Free Member

Great programme don’t ya think?
    I’ve always loved it, yeah I preferred the days of Mark, but then that curly haired boy hosted it for a while and I howled with laughter, he just brought a new level to it.
    Theres been some great guest presenters, thats the format I prefer, as for this new bloke well I’m not too sure, yet. He seems a bit of a twunt TBH.

nickjb
    Free Member

Simon Amstell was great with bland guests and D listers. Not seen many recently as I thought it’d gone a bit stale.

DezB
    Free Member

I’ve no idea who the guy on Phil’s team is, but really

I missed the beginning, but I’m sure they told you and showed a clip of his music.
    Har Mar is awesome.

theotherjonv

Best moment of recent times was when Stacey Solomon claimed that her and Jedward often got together to discuss politics. She’s comedy gold.

JefWachowchow
    Free Member

Har Mar is a legend. Saw him live many years ago, great gig.

In an interview he was asked to describe his personality to which he replied ‘A really good looking guy with great hair’.

Rhod may settle into it. I do find the seemingly forced laughter at everything he says a bit annoying in the mean time though.

torsoinalake
    Free Member

His accent is also impenetrable at times. Maybe I am getting old and hard of hearing, but I had to rewind to try and catch what was being laughed at.

Personally, I think Simon Amstell was at his finest on Popworld. Like watching the smartest geek in school infiltrating the cool gang, then demolishing them with their own insecurities. In public.

Cougar

Oh, is that his name?

I still think he’s The Critic.

DezB
    Free Member

Har Mar is a legend. Saw him live many years ago, great gig.

In an interview he was asked to describe his personality to which he replied ‘A really good looking guy with great hair’.

He’s amazing live. Better voice than Prince 😀
    And he totally plays on the looks thing, so any piss taking is rather redundant.

JefWachowchow
    Free Member

Indeed, a cross between Prince and Ron Jeremy but sexier and with a better voice.

DezB
    Free Member

Just watched the week before’s with John Cooper Clarke. Any one who says the format is tired can’t have watched that! Haven’t laughed so much i ages.

Spin
    Free Member

John Cooper Clarke

Say no more. Genius.

Spin
    Free Member

Just watched the week before’s with John Cooper Clarke. Any one who says the format is tired can’t have watched that! Haven’t laughed so much i ages.

I’ve just watched it too. I’ll admit I’m biased but I think he’s the funniest man alive.

shermer75
    Free Member

My favourite episode is still the one with Rizzle kicks and Huey

Link

PrinceJohn

I think Simon Amstell was at his finest on Popworld.

How he used to get away with that I have no idea. As scathing as he ever was on Buzzcocks but while promoting Mr Cowell’s latest money making schemes

Hopk1ns
    Free Member

Best episode had to be when Simon kept reading parts of chantel’s autobiography taking the piss. Her then boyfriend Preston got so pissed off he walked out mid show.

Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)

The topic ‘Never Mind the Buzzcocks’ is closed to new replies.