Viewing 37 posts - 1 through 37 (of 37 total)
  • Never before have I looked at a caravan wardrobe with such feelings of euphoria
  • molgrips
    Free Member

That was a truly epic piece of DIY. Wardrobe out, whole rear corner rebuilt and sealed up, wardrobe back in. Old caravan, not quite square any more either. Mammoth amount of work due to having to adapt and react to new discoveries; come up with creative ideas and alternatives to the original construction; and source new materials to replace stuff I can’t get hold of.

I know many most of you don’t care about caravans, but I’m absolutely chuffed to bits that I’ve actually done it! And the results are pretty damn solid too!

sharkbait
    Free Member

Pics or it never happened

molgrips
    Free Member

I didn’t take pics of the before…. wish I had now.

camo16
    Free Member

But would it impress George Clarke?

johnellison
    Free Member

^Catalogue pose^

I spend more time in my caravan than I do in my house. I think when mine needs this amount of work though it will be getting scrapped – it’s earned its money.

boblo
    Free Member

Now known as ‘Tubby George’…. How will we use this spaaace……..? He’s no Kevin Mac, doesn’t even impregnate the fillies on his shows….

camo16
    Free Member

I’m not sure Kevin “bespoke” McCloud would visit a caravan conversion though. He’s more your holistic modernism meets time-honoured timber tradition on a grand and probably not achievable milieu kind of guy. George doesn’t seem to care what he follows, which proves it’s not always a bad idea to have low standards.

Pics are still required. For all we know, Molgrips, you could have spent the day with a Pinot and Microsoft paint.

molgrips
    Free Member

Lol 🙂 I am going to do pics of the finished workmanship, I’m that f’in proud of it.

I did it for sale, btw – the way it was it wouldn’t have got much, this is all in a bid to improve its resale value.

camo16
    Free Member

Well, don’t dawdle until this thread has lost all relevance and languishes on page 11 of the chat forum…

Nice one! Good to see someone’s achieved something today.

molgrips
    Free Member

Today? More like the last month! I started it on Feb 13th, worked all the rest of that week then every weekend since. Had no time off except to watch rugby.

jools182
    Free Member

George can’t even say ‘Architect’

camo16
    Free Member

Nice priorities! Wales v England was a fantastic match – and the right result! I’d have delayed finalising the caravan renovation, too. Instead, I found myself yelling at the TV during a kids’ party. 😳

Kevevs
    Free Member

yeh, fair play. Sounds pretty satisfying.

binners

You need one of these Molly…

😀

Harry_the_Spider

George is 20% owl. #FACT

camo16
    Free Member

HtS, I wouldn’t rush to mock the owner of the universe…

I want that tee!

Harry_the_Spider

He look more like 30% owl in that photo.

He did some filming at my wife’s work recently. Spitballs full of mouse bones everywhere.

molgrips
    Free Member

Binners – yes I do!

Instead, I found myself yelling at the TV during a kids’ party.

Lol 🙂 Twas indeed well worth it…

boblo
    Free Member

That pic must have been before he got his taste for cake and pies…..

Harry_the_Spider

…and mice.

tymbian
    Free Member

I bet that caravan ‘ space ‘ cost him around £20k.

trevron73
    Free Member

pics we need pics

chewkw
    Free Member

camo16 – Member

But would it impress George Clarke?

When is he going to cry?

He looks and sounds as if he will cry any time now … 😆

molgrips
    Free Member

Pics tomorrow.

theocb
    Free Member

I’m not sure it’s big enough for a wardrobe mate 😯

molgrips
    Free Member

speshspenner
    Free Member

We reinsured our caravan today and was told by the Caravan Club that it had gone in value by £700!, result!!!. Yours will be worth loads more now it fixed!.

footflaps

camo16
    Free Member

It’s just struck me that we never did actually get pictures of this epic caravan/wardrobe conversion thingy… so, rather than allow another STW thread to fall into unresolved nothingness – Molly – post the pics!

wwaswas

molgrips
    Free Member

Ok, ok…

camo16
    Free Member

* baits breath *

molgrips
    Free Member

This whole corner had to be replaced, back to the insulation.

[/url] P5022636 by molgrips, on Flickr[/img]

footflaps

I assume that’s the ‘after’ shot? If so, looks like a very tidy repair.

molgrips
    Free Member

Yep, thanks, it’s indistinguishable at first glance from the before which is what I was going for. A closer look tho reveals stuff like the wall covering on the back wall is different; there is a trim strip covering a join between the two sides of the wardrobe where before it was one piece; and if you look closely there are some gaps.

Generally chuffed with it though – I thought hard about how to proceed and had to really search for the bits and fittings I needed.

Viewing 37 posts - 1 through 37 (of 37 total)

The topic ‘Never before have I looked at a caravan wardrobe with such feelings of euphoria’ is closed to new replies.