Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Nettles & Brambles = the self harm look at work/pub
  • zbonty

As the year has gone on and my local woodsy trails and bridleways have got narrower and narrower my forearms and shims are covered in rashes, cuts and grazes and it does my noodle in!

Anyone got any tips (other than TTFU) for treating foliage lashed limbs?

I don't intend breaking out the body armour for xc type riding but i'm getting ripped to shreds here.

alexxx
    Free Member

wrap yourself in cling film and ttfu

z1ppy

it's not a look ,it is actually self harm.
    You have a choice not to do it, but you still decide to do it….
    Accept it and ignore the looks 😈

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    househusband
    Free Member

Kids at school sometimes ask me what I've done to get the foliage scratches on my forearms (always roll sleeves up) and one even took me aside and asked me if I self-harmed, and that if I did there were people I could talk to!

whytetrash

great way to make new friends…guy came up to me at a BBQ once and said "you must be a mountainbiker…scratches all over arms and shaved legs give it away"…got a funny look when I told him I was a self harming transvestite 😆

PracticalMatt
    Free Member

With two massive sled dogs with huge claws, MTB bramble incidents and regular hikes with the dogs and the Scouts through thorns and braken I'm allways coverd in cuts and scratches.

I love it as it shows I actually get out and do something with my weekend.

At 31 I doubt anyone would think I was self harming it does occasionally get the odd comment at work but only of the "what have you done (by accident)?" type not "do you wnat someone to talk to" and I've recently noticed I'm imune to nettle stings now too. Winner

poppa
    Free Member

shaved legs

/= mountain biker

Shirley?

theflatboy
    Free Member

get a job where you have to wear trousers and long sleeves?

or, wear trousers and long sleeves?

buzz-lightyear
    Free Member

Prefer LS jerseys at this time of year for that reason

bigdugsbaws
    Free Member

I bought a set of 661 veggie shin pads last year as I was coming home each night with blood streaming from my legs. They work well, but are horribly sweaty so I am back to self mutilatilon again.

Second the long sleeve jersey though.

wwaswas

here you go;

you do have to keep safe search on when looking for 'chaps' though, I just found…

whytetrash

Poppa I'm darkside curious 😆

and don't call me shirley!

Esme
    Free Member

Stop and collect them . . . Twinings Fresh & Fruity "Blackberry & Nettle" tea is delicious

And you could save yourself £1.36

samuri
    Free Member

you do have to keep safe search on when looking for 'chaps' though, I just found…

Now when you wrote that I just knew that one of the pictures would be our Christina

Mmmm, dirty!

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘Nettles & Brambles = the self harm look at work/pub’ is closed to new replies.