Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Netflix – recommend me some good films…
  • mrblobby
    Free Member

Signed up for the months free trial. Is there anything worth watching on there…?

ElShalimo

Tyrranosaur

mrblobby
    Free Member

Doesn’t seem to be on there 🙁

binners

Tyrranosaur
    Submarine
    The Ides of March
    The Guard
    Monsters

MrsToast
    Free Member

Nude Nuns with Guns is one of the more eye-catching titles on Netflix…

mudsux
    Free Member

Pandorum
    Infernal Affairs
    Old Boy
    Gone Baby Gone
    Harry Brown
    ….
    but there’s a lot of old stuff on there – seems to be slim pickings compared to the US version.

mrblobby
    Free Member

Nude Nuns with Guns is one of the more eye-catching titles on Netflix…

Suggested that one to my father in law over the weekend 🙂

Tyrranosaur
    Submarine
    The Ides of March
    The Guard
    Monsters

Binners, do you have a different subscription to me? Can’t find any of those films on there.

binners

If none of those are on then Netflix must be crap. I’ve seen all of those recently on LoveFilm. Maybe that might be a better option? 😀

McHamish
    Free Member

I’m contemplating Netflix, but the list of films I’ve found are all of the same era as the Goonies.

Do they have more recent films too?

Although the Goonies, is a classic and I’d watch it if I didn’t already have it on DVD.

paulosoxo
    Free Member

<viztoptip> recreate that feeling you get when browsing the DVD section of a charity shop, by subscribing to Netflix. </viztoptip>

mrblobby
    Free Member

It does appear to be a bit rubbish, hence the request for some films to watch. The interface is also piss poor for browsing the selection on offer. Had lovefilm until a few months ago but ditched that as the online selection wasn’t great, but it does seem to put netflix to shame at the moment. Shall almost certainly be cancelling at the end of my free trial.

The US netflix sounds like it has a much more comprehensive offering, don’t understand why they just can’t use that over here. Probably a load of hassle about distributor deals and stuff like that.

but the list of films I’ve found are all of the same era as the Goonies

…. and they don’t even have the Goonies!!!!

docrobster
    Free Member

I signed up for the free month on netflix.
    Only film I could find that I wanted to watch was hard candy… from 2005
    I cancelled before the month was up. not worth paying for.
    Sticking with loveflim, watched tyrannosaur last night, brilliant film.
    My £6 a month LF subscription gives me discs in the post plus a better online selection than netflix has got. No brainer

paulosoxo
    Free Member

We would have actually kept it if they provided TiVo or Sony Bravia access like they do in the states, watching it on a laptop, or on the kids wii in their playroom or my ps3 in my office just doesn’t work for us.

Daisy_Duke
    Free Member

try Harry Brown and Black Sheep.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘Netflix – recommend me some good films…’ is closed to new replies.