Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • Netflix – anyone else using it?
  • sharkbait
    Free Member

After the demise of megaupload I though I’d try Netflix for a month on our AppleTV.
    Got to say that, other than the slightly limited choice of films, it works every well with fast access and no buffering.
    Also used it on the iPad which was very cool.
    I may just keep it going for a few months.

jon1973
    Free Member

I use lovefilm, so we get the discs through the post for the latest films, but I’m really impressed with the streaming service. They tend to be older films and shows, but there are still a few thousand films. The quality is pretty good, even on a big tv.

weirdnumber
    Free Member

Im in the middle of a one month trial of Netflix on my PS3. The quality is much better than the quality of the lovefilm streaming but the selection is no where near as good.

tjr666
    Free Member

Yeah I am on Netflix, I am quite impressed to be honest, the quality of the streams are top notch and whilst the selection is not that great at the moment, bear in mind it has only been out over here for a matter of weeks and the content is constantly building. Netflix is also the biggest provider of streaming films in the US of A so I am sticking with them for the time being, they are looking very promising indeed.

rossrobot
    Free Member

Also on the free trial on my ps3. Loving it mostly. Odd but decent selection. Like browsing a friends DVD collection. Technology wise it’s been super simple.

glenh
    Free Member

Im in the middle of a one month trial of Netflix on my PS3. The quality is much better than the quality of the lovefilm streaming but the selection is no where near as good.

Actually the selection is much better than it appears, it’s just that the ps3 app doesn’t seem to allow you to browse everything. I browse the selection on my iPad and the search for the name of the film I want on the ps3.

The quality and speed are awesome. Way better than iplayer for example.
    Also Netflix has Dolby digital surround!

PrinceJohn

I’m not using it – concerned about the way it by defaults anything watched on your account to your facebook feed & the poor selection when I had a browse.

The selection will get better is a poor excuse & bad file management on their part, they should’ve managed to get it a proper selection up & running from the start.

PrinceJohn

Way better than iplayer for example.

How so? Better quality than hd? Easier to use? Better selection of films?!

glenh
    Free Member

Why would you give it access to your Facebook account?

MrNutt
    Free Member

Yep using it, tis good currently enjoying californication

PrinceJohn

Why would you give it access to your Facebook account?

As far as I can tell the only way to sign up for your free trial is to use your facebook login credentials

glenh
    Free Member

PrinceJohn – Member
    Way better than iplayer for example.
    How so?

For me, on the ps3, iplayer stutters all the time, and the frame rate is poor. Netflix is much better in both departments.

glenh
    Free Member

As far as I can tell the only way to sign up for your free trial is to use your facebook login credentials

Nope. I certainly didn’t.

PrinceJohn

For me, on the ps3, iplayer stutters all the time, and the frame rate is poor. Netflix is much better in both departments.

Fair enough – on my ps3 the iplayer works very well, although I prefer to download hd programs to my laptop & watch them that way. I think to be fair alot of broadband providers need to catch up with the times & get speeds sorted out.

King-ocelot
    Free Member

Using the free trial of lovefilm on 360, going to try netflix next. Lovefilm is ok, the film selection looks much bigger than it is as some titles appear in several sub categories. Red for example.

sam123
    Free Member

If you are signed in on facebook in your browser, it will automatically try and sign you up using your facebook account.

You just need to make sure you are logged out of your facebook on the browser. Once this is done, you can sign up using a normal email address. The option is shown by a small link below the facebook option.

winrya
    Free Member

I’ve been really impressed with Netflix. I’m loving all the tv shows it has, every prison break, 24, skins as examples. Hd quality with no buffering problems on my ps3 on a pretty rubbish broadband connection.

Had love film for a while, poof selection and awful quality on large screen tv’s, rarely used it. Got through 22 episodes of prison break this week. Also love the way if you start watching something on one device and quit, it continues from where you left off whether it’s your iPhone, iPad, laptop when you log in:)

simon_g

Liking the service so far – but it badly needs more content, especially on the film side, to justify the £6 a month.

By the way, it’s not hard to switch off the all the facebook integration and indeed you don’t even need a FB account to sign up (although they make that less obvious).

sofaking
    Free Member

just signed up for the free month. any film recommendatoins from the less heard or seen of stuff appreciated ?

wrecker
    Free Member

Google icefilms, it’s not dead. 😀

Had love film for a while, poof selection

Brokeback mountain on there then? 😀

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)

The topic ‘Netflix – anyone else using it?’ is closed to new replies.