Viewing 40 posts - 81 through 120 (of 167 total)
  • Neighbour smoking dope in his back garden…
  • soobalias
    Free Member

no, but it seems its ok, cos the smell was indoors and properly ducted.

chip
    Free Member

Clearly your mate didn’t vet his tenants properly.

No, his estate agent did not vet his tenants properly.

Junkyard
    Free Member

you just cannot get the staff these days

soobalias
    Free Member

it could be a dogs face next time

chip
    Free Member

Thing was my mate went to the house that evening and every room bar the kitchen was like dense rainforest.
    And left the property under the polices control.

I went with him the next morning to repair his front door and it was wall to wall plant pots with six inches of stem In each one and the police removing them.
    When he asked what had happened the police said the place had been robbed during the night and that the men with the machetes must have come back when they left and took everything bar the pots.

So apparently the police cannot get the staff these days.

Inbred456
    Free Member

Build a great big pile of damp leaves and garden crap by your fence, purchase a bit of 8 x 4 thin springy ply and next time he lights up next to your fence you light yours and go for it with the ply and suffocate the barstool. If he asks what your doing just say your burning some weed!

My mate once bought a Briggs and Stratton lawn mower just so he could run it on Castrol R. Wonderful stuff.

gofasterstripes
    Free Member

Personally my feeling is if its bothering our friend Derek on HIS property, then Derek is totally right to say “could you just do that somewhere else (other end of the garden perhaps), I’m really not a fan of the smell”. It is called skunk for a reason.

But at the same time I’d add my voice to the “
    Live and let live” crowd. Really, outside, it’s not going to do you out his kids any harm at all, and he is doing it in his garden, even if it wafts to yours.

Best of luck with the neighbourly dispute, old bean.

teasel
    Free Member

Maybe I should’ve put the class B drug bit in bold. Last time I looked, beers, wines, spirits, BBQs, wood burners etc. were legal.

So is this a matter of legalities etc. or how much damage it’s doing to his family. Or yours for that matter.

Say for arguments sake weed was legal or he was smoking just a ciggie, would it still be an intrusion on your privacy or a danger to others within what you consider a safe distance?

Don’t get me wrong, I get the whole stench from BBQs and home bonfires, even ciggies, but as mentioned you simply have to put up or avoid the smell affecting you. Or confront the source…

teasel
    Free Member

It is called skunk for a reason.

Actually, most folk don’t use that term anymore; it’s somewhat generic and used by police and scaremongering types or just naive or ignorant individuals. It’s a bit like the term ‘sensi’ in the 70s and early 80s. It purported to mean a bag of seedless weed when in actuality it just meant a bag of shit weed with probable seed and stick content.

cbike
    Free Member

Fact – Dope makes mountain bikers boring. Including me for posting on this thread. 🙂

yunki
    Free Member

Is this your next door neighbour?

[video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vFLoJPr9n40[/video]

konabunny
    Free Member

” It’s only illegal because the government haven’t figured out a way to tax it properly yet.”

govts do a good job of taxing tobacco which is pretty much the same.

aphex_2k
    Free Member

Just go and have a chat with him ffs, preferably AFTER he’s had a smoke so he’s chilled out and doesn’t offer you a go on his 5 knuckle bong. He’s probably quite a nice guy, works voluntarily for a charity and a normal human being.

And when he tells you he has a chronic illness that’s massively alleviated by going out in the back garden so he can have a quick smoke then function relatively normally with his family, don’t feel too guilty eh?

Or when he tells you he suffers from psychosis, that he’s smoking indica high in CBD and doing it as he believes this is a better way for him than taking massive doses of anti-psychotics which have a myriad of nasty side effects for him….

Oh I’m waffling now……

Junkyard
    Free Member

i suspect it is way more likely he just likes getting stoned

aphex_2k
    Free Member

I know, I’m just being an internet c0ck. Quite enjoyed it.

Junkyard
    Free Member

😀

kimbers

hire a helicopter to hover over his house every time he has a joint, the paranoia will wreck him

or just ask him to smoke it down the other end of the garden if it bothers you that much

aphex_2k
    Free Member

konabunny – Member
    ” It’s only illegal because the government haven’t figured out a way to tax it properly yet.”

You know what they’ve done in Colorado. I *think* they figured it out.
    http://mic.com/articles/91255/after-four-months-of-sales-here-s-how-much-colorado-has-made-off-of-marijuana

konabunny
    Free Member

Hose him with the job and tell him to get a spray.

66deg
    Free Member

A slowed down brain can only cope with Pink Floyd so crank up some Metallica and wait for his head to explode .

MrWoppit
    Free Member

Fact – Dope makes mountain bikers people boring.

There’s a reason why Punk had to happen…

zokes
    Free Member

Maybe I should’ve put the class B drug bit in bold. Last time I looked, beers, wines, spirits, BBQs, wood burners etc. were legal.

Alas, so is being a whiney **** on the internet.

It is however illegal to rip a CD. Hope you’ve never done that…

You know what they’ve done in Colorado.

I do. And in two weeks I might even be able to see first hand just how well it works 🙂

officerfriendly
    Free Member

I don’t think it’s that it’s that they haven’t found a way to tax it yet, I think it’s more to do with the whole agenda of the war on drugs (look it up) and the fact that they don’t want to admit they were wrong about it. I’m just sayin!

zokes
    Free Member

I don’t think it’s that it’s that they haven’t found a way to tax it yet, I think it’s more to do with the whole agenda of the war on drugs (look it up) and the fact that they don’t want to admit they were wrong about it. I’m just sayin!

It was declassified to “Class C”. Then different politicians reclassified it back to B, despite advice from a wide number of medical experts. They also sacked their lead adviser, causing most of their remaining advisory panel to resign. Clearly law makers aren’t best placed to make laws on topics they have fundamental, as opposed to educated, views.

RaveyDavey
    Free Member

Smoking weed has for all intents and purposes been unofficially decriminalised. I know the police and courts still come down hard on dealers etc. but the generally turn a blind eye to someone just having a puff. Leave it like that because legalising it would be a disaster imho

Lifer
    Free Member

66deg – Member

A slowed down brain can only cope with Pink Floyd so crank up some Metallica and wait for his head to explode .

Hmmmmmmm

These chaps (among many others) may disagree

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VpvvuZcDc4I[/video]

66deg
    Free Member

Lifer thanks for the introduction to that i’m off to buy copy great stuff.

ti_pin_man
    Free Member

sit closer to the fence for ten minutes and your anger will magically fade man.

or have a word, a nice one and he might let you share be understanding and smoke further away or in the house.

What I find strange is that I know if it was normal cigarette’s I would object, ooh the internal dilemma?

hora
    Free Member

Water super-soaker help?

When did Skunk go through a rebrand? Was there a marketing campaign? I personally can’t stand the smell of skunk. Yes its called skunk because it smells so strong. Its been around alongtime with that name.

I occassionally smoked it but boy it gave me depression/mental health issues for days after a smoke. The key thing is you need to keep smoking it on a fairly regular basis to avoid any withdrawal. **** that.

mudshark
    Free Member

I know the police and courts still come down hard on dealers etc.

Hmmm OP – ask if you can buy from your neighbour then grass him in for being a dealer.

gofasterstripes
    Free Member

That’s a bit harsh, mudshark!

Lifer
    Free Member

66deg – Member

Lifer thanks for the introduction to that i’m off to buy copy great stuff.

No worries! Second album not as good but Use Once and Destroy is brilliant. Enjoy!

66deg
    Free Member

Hmmm OP – ask if you can buy from your neighbour then grass him in for being a dealer.

Sell it on in the STW classifieds to get your money back.

mudshark
    Free Member

That’s a bit harsh, mudshark!

He he, I’m with Zappa – hate drugs!

zokes
    Free Member

Leave it like that because legalising it would be a disaster imho

For why?

hate drugs!

Again, for why? And do you have an equal hatred of other drugs such as paracetamol, caffeine, or maybe the alcohol contained in a small glass of decent red wine with the Sunday roast?

almightydutch
    Free Member

Love the polarised views of STW. People in glasshouses etc

IMO…hes gone outside to have a smoke out of consideration for others.

As others have said, is it purely the ‘weed’ smell that getting to you or is it any unwelcomed smell that should enter your nostrils?

muppetWrangler
    Free Member

Take him on a day trip to kew gardens.

mudshark
    Free Member

Actually I hate illegal drugs due to the criminals profiting and any associated crime/violence. As for drug use, well I’m a control freak really so don’t like the idea of my mind being altered 😀

I think there is a case for weed to be legalized, though I still wouldn’t want anything to do with it much as I hate tobacco, but it does seem to have long-term health implications so that’s an argument against it. I suppose if alcohol came along now we would ban it – maybe that would be the right thing to do but impossible to do now of course and in moderation one of the great things in life.

almightydutch
    Free Member

Ahh yes those legal drugs that come from caring,sharing multinationals who are definitely not interested only in profits!! [facepalm]

mudshark
    Free Member

Hmmm?

Viewing 40 posts - 81 through 120 (of 167 total)

The topic ‘Neighbour smoking dope in his back garden…’ is closed to new replies.