Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • Need help selling a "family" alpine holiday to the wife?
  • dknwhy

Struggling to convince the other half that a mountain bike holiday isn’t a selfish excuse to do what you love at the expense of the family?
    Show her this and let good, old DKNWHY fight your corner.

You’re welcome.

[video]http://vimeo.com/136150265[/video]

alpin
    Free Member

off there on monday… only 2,5hr away.

rj2dj
    Free Member

Where did you stay OP?

paulosoxo
    Free Member

skiboy
    Free Member

Come on op where did you stay, I’m sold can get this all to tie in with my week in morzine

eddiebaby
    Free Member

Excellent work.

iolo
    Free Member

Austria is great. That’s why I bought a place in Vienna.

dknwhy

Saalbach in Austria. Clue’s in the video 😆

timidwheeler

This particular wife would like to know more about the trails and the bike park. What was the riding like?

willard

Would this magical place be suitable for a wife and new-born (4-6 months old)? This strikes me as a good suggestion for next year if I can convince the wife that it is baby friendly.

Tracey

Looks like you had some fun. Never needed to convince the family on an Alps trip. Will be going back to Verbier again next year. Cutgate ride today, first ride since we got back, seemed very flat.

marcgear
    Free Member

Stayed there last year – had a fab time despite terrible weather. Persuaded the wife to let me hire a bike for a days riding :DDD

dknwhy

@timidwheeler – it’s the first time i’ve been on an uplift holiday so nothing really to compare it to but I enjoyed it. I was surprised at how steep “easy” alpine trails are. Quite a few braking bumps on the main runs.
    Didn’t get to do Leogang. Went for a day out just before our return (walking, toboggan etc) but didn’t get to ride. Having seen it, i’m gutted as it looked good with a good skills area.
    I’d say there’s enough there to keep you happy for at least a week or two.

@willard – is anywhere really baby friendly when they’re that age?! It’s a “safe feeling” resort. Pools might be a bit cold as they’re outdoor. Nice cafes and shops in both towns. Not sure what you are looking for really…..

We stayed in Saalbach but Hinterglemm is just as nice (1km away – with a flat, gravel traffic free cycle/walking path linking the two). Both have 2 lifts and plenty of shops, restaurants, mini golf etc. Water park is in Saalbach so we chose to stay there. Made it a shorter walk for the family.

timidwheeler

Just seen this. Cheers for the response.

Despite a few Alpine holidays we are still useless. I had got the impression that Austria is aimed at the hardcore freerider types rather that the STW mincecore type. How would you compare the difficulty to UK trail?
    Resort looks great.

stevenmenmuir
    Free Member

Will be checking this out tonight.

martinhutch

Thread resurrection for anyone whose missus is still putting up a fight.

We just got back from this area – awesome place. Did pretty much all the non-biking stuff in the video above, plus some excellent extra stuff like some superb massive high-ropes at the end of the valley.

I got to stand and watch other people having fun on the X-line descent at Saalbach too. 🙁 Looked properly good. Next time I’m definately having a couple of days on the bike.

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

The topic ‘Need help selling a "family" alpine holiday to the wife?’ is closed to new replies.