Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 25 total)
  • Near death experience.
  • MrWoppit
    Free Member

For the previous, thanks fans.

Going into the Imax junction before Waterloo station, Woppit sees a bunch of cyclists stopped at the red light. He has a quick look and can’t see anything coming from the feeder road on the left so stamps on the pedal and shoots into the empty space… just in time to catch the briefest image, out of the corner of his left eye, of… a car. Right there. Virtually on top of him and so close that neither he or the car driver had time to react.

There being less than a razor’s width of time difference between absolute catastrophe and staying alive in Woppit’s favour, the car passed ascloseasthis to his back wheel (insert sound effect of rapidly vibrating rectal cavity here).

A split second earlier and Woppit would have suddenly become a screaming, twisted and bloody mess all over the tarmac from being hit broadside on, so: Hmmm. Yes. Stopping at red lights goooood. Jumping red lights baaaad.

Still think the rear view mirror’s a good idea, mind.

Especially on a clown bike.

MrWoppit
    Free Member

project
    Free Member

your bike only has one pedal.

djglover
    Free Member

I virtually killed you. is that a near death experience

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

You refer to yourself in the third person in the OP.

MrWoppit
    Free Member

He does indeed…

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

Yeti thinks that Woppit actually got hit and that this is a posthumous post.

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Oh right, in reference to a previous post or something?

(glad you survived obviously)

avdave2

Divine intervention.

njee20
    Free Member

Tit

Lifer
    Free Member

+1

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

Too much self-abuse.

nick1962
    Free Member

Divine intervention.

Mr Woppit being saved by god?
    If so I’m rethinking my athiestic position…..
    Or maybe a clown stupidly jumping a red light gets very lucky.
    But at least Mr W had the guts to admit his folly on here.
    Let’s hope it changes your behaviour.
    Oh and glad you’re still alive….if you really are.Perhaps this is 🙂the proof of god test for all of us religious thread posters

brooess
    Free Member

at least you’re man enough to admit your riding skills/judgement were poor and you’ve learnt something from the experience
    Pity all the other RLJers don’t see your post.
    What amuses me with the RLJers in London is I almost always catch up with them – there’s so many lights that you have to stop every 3 minutes anyway…

molgrips
    Free Member

When I worked in London a long time ago I was enjoying getting faster and more daring on my commute. Then I came extremely close to being flattened by a bloke suddenly deciding to turn right from a queue of cars as I was bombing past said queue very quickly. Settled down after that.

irc

at least you’re man enough to admit your riding skills/judgement were poor and you’ve learnt something from the experience

Yes. Check both ways carefully before treating a RL as a give way.

allthepies
    Free Member

They’re pretty piss poor RLJers then 🙂

brooess
    Free Member

They’re pretty piss poor RLJers then

Exactly, the lights people jump tend to be when the road ahead is clear, which only happens some of the time.
    Which is why they don’t actually make much better progress.
    So, risk dying for what benefit exactly?

Hohum
    Free Member

Is something missing in your real life?

MrWoppit
    Free Member

Had I adopted ernie’s riding style, I might have entertained the sensible cyclists even more…

slackalice
    Free Member

Having had a very very near miss a few days ago with a total dork of a speeding cyclist whilst I was walking across a zebra crossing, all I can say is…. T**t.

We all walk a thin line between being here and not being here, I’m not risk averse, but it helps all of humanity if we just become a little bit more aware.

MrWoppit
    Free Member

Quite right, slacky. Was it a Brompton?

maccruiskeen

Divine intervention.

Different kind of Divine

slackalice
    Free Member

Hehe! No, I think it was a 29r…

flippinheckler
    Free Member

Were you jumping red lights, the driver probably thought theres that t**t on a brompton, I’ll have him 😉

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 25 total)

The topic ‘Near death experience.’ is closed to new replies.