Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 74 total)
  • Naturally beautiful…
  • unfitgeezer
    Free Member

This is a picture from the bbc news website showing migrants on the island of Lesbos

Fantastic shot which looks timeless

bbc

peterfile
    Free Member

What a bizarre post.

munrobiker
    Free Member

Go on then, enlighten us, what’s the point of this post?

loddrik
    Free Member

That’s the solution. Just let the good looking ones in.

If we take note of the hour this thread was started. It’s highly likely alcohol was involved…

midlifecrashes

It’s this, but today, in Europe.

househusband

Most memorable ‘naturally beautiful’ recent image for me was right at the end of ‘Kingsman: The Secret Service’ when the Scandinavian princess turns over to fulfil her promise…

Stoner
    Free Member

unfitgeezer’s in luuurrvvve.

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

I don’t understand why the screenshot is “timeless”.

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

It’s this, but today, in Europe.

Your picture isn’t of migrants or refugees, so not really.

GrahamS

First picture is mleh. Nowhere near the timeless impact of the “Migrant Mother” image that midlifecrashes posted.

Interesting thing about the “Migrant Mother” is that it is a lie.

The photographer, Dorothea Lange, basically made up a compelling back story for it: “Seven hungry children. Father is native Californian. Destitute in pea pickers’ camp … because of failure of the early pea crop. These people had just sold their tires to buy food… I did not ask her name or her history. She told me her age, that she was 32. She said that they had been living on frozen vegetables from the surrounding fields and birds that the children killed. She had just sold the tires from her car to buy food.”

The subject, Florence Owens Thompson, tells a different story.

(Also it is retouched. The original is darker and has a big distracting thumb in the right hand corner)

midlifecrashes

True enough, but that’s how it’s titled and was presented for at least forty years. It doesn’t appear that the reporter with the picture on the BBC website has tried to give us this family’s full story either.

unfitgeezer
    Free Member

Knit pickers are in !

I took a screen shot to show the picture !

She happens to be very pretty and sometimes its nice to recognise that, irrelevant that she’s a migrant etc.

GrahamS

Knit pickers

Nitpickers

ads678

Personally I don’t she’s all that, Migrant or not. 😕

stewartc
    Free Member

Shag it but wouldn’t go out with it, as the saying went at school.

mogrim

Your picture isn’t of migrants or refugees, so not really.

Both pictures are, although the Lange one is a lot better.

neilthewheel

A new low for stw

bearnecessities

Odd thread gets odder.

BigDummy
    Free Member

Here are some referendum-Greeks. The one in the middle is very pretty. I think it’s important to recognise that, irrelevant that she’s probably bankrupt.

😉

ads678

Yep shes much more betterer!!

BigDummy
    Free Member

If we take note of the hour this thread was started. It’s highly likely alcohol was involved…

That’s a splendid template for a Monday night in, right there. Bottle of Scotch, browse the news websites for pictures of hot refugees.

🙂

DezB
    Free Member

Er… Phwoar?

globalti
    Free Member

If you’re interested in the story of the destitute fruit pickers in California, listen to the song California Cottonfields by Merle Haggard. It’s even quite a nice tune if you have to listen to Country & Western.

GrahamS

I think it’s important to recognise that, irrelevant that she’s probably bankrupt.

I suspect she was most likely killed by that volcanic eruption moments after the photo.

thestabiliser
    Free Member

You’re all wasying your time, she’s “on the isle of lesbos”, if you know what I mean. It says so on the picture.

hels
    Free Member

I think the OP’s point is that we should care about good-looking women much more than people who aren’t good looking – material I think Ben Stiller covered adequately in that film about models, but still, there is no harm in repeating it.

I think Kate Adie had this covered (at least I think it was her) in the famous article about journalists going in to report on the Balkan war with her article entitled “has anybody here been raped, and speak English ?”

Women: know your place !

binners

Someones clearly got a job lot of purple baseball caps they neded to get shut of

mogrim

I think Kate Adie had this covered (at least I think it was her) in the famous article about journalists going in to report on the Balkan war with her article entitled “has anybody here been raped, and speak English ?”

Kate Adie? Phwoar!

slowoldman

If you’re interested in the story of the destitute fruit pickers in California, listen to the song California Cottonfields by Merle Haggard. It’s even quite a nice tune if you have to listen to Country & Western.

After that read “In the Country of Country”.

bearnecessities

‘ad ‘er.

binners

Could we soon be arriving at a position on immigration similar to that of A level results, where only pretty, photogenic, middle class females (no overweight, spotty male ones wearing tracksuits, god forbid!), prepaed to hug each, other while jumping (photogenically) in the air are of any importance?

This is going to present a real problem with all these muslamics walking around wearing sacks. They’ve got their priorities all wrong

Gary_M
    Free Member

The one in the middle is very pretty.

There’s eight people in the pic, but yeh they’re both alright. 🙂

mogrim

This is going to present a real problem with all these muslamics walking around wearing sacks. They’ve got their priorities all wrong

I believe the idea is that the media will focus on muslamic men, playing on Rudolph Valentino / Omar Sharif sheik imagery, to keep the female voters happy and so further their liberal pro-immigration agenda.

BigDummy
    Free Member

There’s eight people in the pic

Knit picker

😉

Gary_M
    Free Member

I know, but I couldn’t resist 🙂

bearnecessities

Knit picker

It’s nit picker.

BigDummy
    Free Member

It’s nit picker.

Stop picking knits FFS. Some people are such pendants. 😉

mogrim

Stop picking knits FFS. Some people are such pendants

Pendant’s, FFS 🙄

Kit
    Free Member

Pendant’s, FFS

Peasants. Actually.

bearnecessities

Pheasants?

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 74 total)

The topic ‘Naturally beautiful…’ is closed to new replies.