Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Natural wales routes
  • mickasaki
    Free Member

Hi, i've just booked Glyn-yr-Aur cottage in CYB, and want to plan some riding away from the trail centres for a couple of days. Can anyone recomend something? I dont fancy Cader on my own though! It would be good to ride from the door ideally!

Colin-T

Pont Scethin route is awesome.

mickasaki
    Free Member

Collin, where did you start from? I tried to get there form dolgellau last year over the top of Diffwys, but the bridlepath that i was following just dissapeared in a woods, so i had to abort the mission and ended up coming out on the A470 near the ski centre! Plenty of hiking with minimal riding through cow fields! i found a deserted vilage(ish!) that was all boarded up called Hafod-y-brenhin which was worth a look on its own. It was really a fun ride though, and i then crossed over and done a big chunk of the beast on the way back to dolgellau. It would be nice to have a route there across the Rhinogs, but it appears that the only access is footpaths 😥

[img]http://i944.photobucket.com/albums/ad282/mickasaki_photos/DSC00536.jpg[/img]
    According to the map, there is a bridleway here, apparently!

mickasaki
    Free Member

Does anyone remember the name of the welsh trail guide book that everone seems to have?

nickegg
    Free Member

Possible start point for Pont Scethin route.

I just did a quick forum search as we're off to Dolgellau on Saturday for 3 nights and fancy getting out into the hills for a ride. We'll be doing the Pont Scethin route from the above point as we staying just up the A496.

Mickasaki: I can't see any obvious route over Diffwys. No wonder you got lost!

Colin-T

Thought I'd posted an answer already,

When I did it we just rode along the old railway from Dol to Barmouth to start the route. Its dead flat and easy going.

They have icecream in Barmouth

and post-ride fish and chips.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Natural wales routes’ is closed to new replies.