Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Natural Trails CYB/Dolgellau area
  • DavidB
    Free Member

Can anyone give me a decent route that isn’t a trail centre in the CYB area?

I’m going with a friend for his birthday weekend and we are looking to do one day away from the centres. Looking for an epic loop really not an out and back like Cadair Idris or Snowdon.

I think I also remember an epic loop that linked CYB to another trail?

Any help/ideas gratefully received.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

There is, IIRC, a ride that links CYB with Machynlleth. Am sure someoen will have a map/route suggestion for you, as I don#’t I’m afraid!

Failing that, get an OS map of the area and go explore! An evening spent poring over maps can be great fun, and can build some superb routes. I did that a while back for a group ride out of Mach. We wanted a longer ride than Climachx, so linked in a really nice amount of “natural” trail while still getting the fairground fix of that last DH!

DavidB
    Free Member

Captain, agree on the explore point normally but some local knowledge can make the weekend and we need to really pack the riding in given the drive involved.

Anyone got that link ride to hand?

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

You could always ask the simply marvellous Teg at the Holey Trail – http://www.theholeytrail.co.uk/

ART

Obviously not epic but you could string together the Pont Scethin route http://www.theedgecycleworks.com/mtbroutes/mawddach-estuary-and-pont-scethin with tracks around the lower slopes of Cadair.

stills8tannorm
    Free Member

As ART says, Pont Scethin would be a fair bet.

Easy enough to get over to the ClimachX from Dol’ but possibly not the most exciting ride to get there but a few hours exploring the Dyfi forest are always well spent … good stuff over in the East side that’s worth a look.

jedi

the guy who used to work in the gift shop at cyb used to give me a new route every visit of off piste trails 🙂
    not been for 8years now though

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Natural Trails CYB/Dolgellau area’ is closed to new replies.