Viewing 31 posts - 1 through 31 (of 31 total)
  • Nathan Barley would be ecstatic! Douglas Adams, meanwhile….
  • cynic-al
    Free Member

LOL at thread title.

Product looks fairly shit.

clubber
    Free Member
    highclimber
    Free Member

Love the Title. Don’t love the materialism of our society

bigdean

Do people really need facebook/ twitter updates that badly?
    Now if you could talk to the knight industries two thousand on it……

clubber
    Free Member

As I said in my thread, I can see it being useful for cyclists at least though whether that’s a big enough market to make it worthwhile is debatable

chambord
    Free Member

I don’t see the problem with it, far more convenient to quickly read a message on your watch than get your phone out of your bag/pocket etc.

I’d probably be interested in using a sports app on it to track location/speed/HR at a glance while leaving my phone in my camelbak.

cynic-al
    Free Member

You are probably right Chambord, I will probably have one soon, just like Flashtart.

clubber
    Free Member

Nah, CFH has an insurmountable superiority complex 😉

CountZero

Meh.

chambord
    Free Member

After looking at the specs I notice it has a camera and can record HD.

Just wonder whether this could be mounted to bars and record video whilst showing GPS making a GoPro/Garmin love child type device.

I still don’t think I’ll buy one, they’re pretty hideous.

EDIT: Read a bit about it and battery life will be an issue for anything other than the odd snap. Does seem to be a rushed product.

maccruiskeen

I don’t see the problem with it, far more convenient to quickly read a message on your watch than get your phone out of your bag/pocket etc.

and then to reply? – you’ll have to get the phone out of your pocket anyway

but the idea of trying to make a calls – trying to talk into and listen to your wrist… when theres a perfectly good phone in you pocket – or try and take a picture – with your wrist, when theres a perfectly good phone in your pocket. Its not going to happen is it.

It seems like they’ve raced into the market to claim first as they’ve heard others (apple) might make a watch but theres doesn’t seem to have been any real thought as to why you’d make one other than its possible to do so.

chambord
    Free Member

but the idea of trying to make a calls – trying to talk into and listen to your wrist… when theres a perfectly good phone in you pocket – or try and take a picture – with your wrist, when theres a perfectly good phone in your pocket. Its not going to happen is it.

It seems like they’ve raced into the market to claim first as they’ve heard others (apple) might make a watch but theres doesn’t seem to have been any real thought as to why you’d make one other than its possible to do so.

This is all true and I agree it’s a gadget that exists purely because it can and because people like spending money on gadgets.

I do see the potential for a device which relays important info from your phone to a display on your wrist though (More like the Pebble I suppose).

Like I said, I’m not going to buy one.

rogerthecat
    Free Member

More convergence madness!

garage-dweller

No officer I was not reading texts behind the wheel of my car. I was clearly just checking the time. Potentially life ending invention in the hands of the general population.

Cougar

So it’s expensive and requires their own phones. For that reason, I’m oot.

The Sony one is widely regarded as being gash.

Pebble, then?

mattjevans
    Free Member

Can’t see too many Rolexes being abandoned for that shite

mikewsmith
    Free Member

however put a picture of a fruit on it and it would be hailed up there with the second coming 🙂

Could be an interesting start to the market though I can imagine your cuffs calling everyone all the time

Dark-Side

1.9 mega pixel camera, cutting edge tech right there.

clubber
    Free Member

That’s the point though. You can quickly see whether you actually do need to stop to reply.

Clearly not a critical item but then since when had that stopped people buying things?

Kevevs
    Free Member

don’t think it’s aimed at grumpy middle aged, middle class, middle England types with kids n mortages that ride a bike in a wood on a sunday TBH. “Look at this cool new watch it does stuff..” “yeah **** yeah, look at the debt I’m in and the sick on my shoulder, and I’ve only just bought a new Ipad cos the other one wasn’t the latest Ipad….and now I’ve got to buy a **** mini ipadwatch that isn’t even Apple. I’m so confused!”

atlaz
    Free Member

I like the fact my current watch needs a new battery every couple of years so the idea of having to manage the power on yet another device doesn’t interest me.

Does seem to be a rushed product.

That’s Samsung though. They release products quickly and iterate quickly. Apple spend years doing the same behind closed doors. Samsung do seem to have shot themselves in the foot making it only compatible with their phones though.

I’d probably be interested in using a sports app on it to track location/speed/HR at a glance while leaving my phone in my camelbak.

I have a Garmin for that. Battery life is excellent and I hate wearing watches when I’m riding as the sweat destroys leather straps quite quickly.

uselesshippy
    Free Member

When the apple version comes out, the idiots will go nuts for it.

brassneck

That is totally weapon 🙂

Can’t yet think of a reason for a smart watch, until it can do Starva and make calls/texts (for emergency purposes) so I don’t have to take the phone at all.

bencooper
    Free Member

I thought this was about:

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

totally weapon

😆

Cougar

What the hell is that?!

(And what’s in its hand?)

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

A Wasp T12 Speechtool.
    http://www.trashbat.co.ck/t12/

warton
    Free Member

What the hell is that?!

Nathan Barley, an early Chris Morris programme. very very good.

I’ll have a geek pie please.

scaredypants

wonder if they could fit some kinetic battery charging guff in there – then it might be just about OK

atlaz
    Free Member

an early Chris Morris programme

and one of Charlie Brooker’s early TV things too

Viewing 31 posts - 1 through 31 (of 31 total)

The topic ‘Nathan Barley would be ecstatic! Douglas Adams, meanwhile….’ is closed to new replies.