Viewing 40 posts - 81 through 120 (of 178 total)
  • Does your child's name give away his class?
  • cheekyboy
    Free Member

The best way to cure a bully is to poison them ! failing that, a clean pair of heels !

Mintman
    Free Member

DrP – Member
    I’m in the process of changing my name to “captain-kick-ass-ninja-threeinchpunch-the-merciless”.

I feel it’s a clean reflection of my middle class aspirational personality.

DrCKANTTM

That’s simply ridiculous. All the people that can one inch punch like Bruce Lee will mercilessly taunt you forever.

hora
    Free Member

Bullies want two things. Either they want to dominate you, or they want a fight. Don’t give them the satisfaction of either.

You’ve never met a bully have you?

Suggesting your kid fights back is most likely to result in them getting battered.

Been there and I lost a fight. I dropped under the radar though as technically the fight was broken up but he was winning but both ripped shirts/blood etc etc.

Fast forward to today. I’ve no doubt that anyone in my gym could kick my arse but I’ll never find out as I’m outgoing, happy, chatty etc. Not avoiding, weird, quiet, nervous.

br
    Free Member

Antur (m) and Morzine (f)

but we shorten Morzine to Moz

Seriously, a girl called Morzine/Moz? 🙄

hora
    Free Member

Whats wrong with it?

Saying that -what if over the next 10yrs Morzine becomes a French Las Vegas and is known for gambling, high-living and debauchery :mrgreen:

wwaswas

Apparently, the woman in the OP has done Question Time, twice.

Who keeps booking her? They’re the ones to direct anger at!

Junkyard
    Free Member

I’ve no doubt that anyone in my gym could kick my arse but I’ll never find out as I’m outgoing, happy, chatty etc. Not avoiding, weird, quiet, nervous.

Perhaps those are the skills you should teach your child in order to avoid bullies rather than fighting

molgrips
    Free Member

You’ve never met a bully have you?

Hah.. plenty, trust me.

I’ve no doubt that anyone in my gym could kick my arse but I’ll never find out as I’m outgoing, happy, chatty etc Not avoiding, weird, quiet, nervous

That is exactly what I am talking about!

aracer
    Free Member

Should we stick to the standard names of Mark, George, Paul, Luke Richard and John?

FTFY

makeitorange
    Free Member

She is a vile human being, but I have to admit I flicker of judgement does pass though my brain when I first hear specific names (and I think most people do). If I said there’s a boy called Tarquin and a boy called Wayne most people would get a picture in their head of a toff and a chav.

The difference is I kick myself for being a judgmental **** afterwards, and I certainly wouldn’t stop my kid playing with either.

Also it’s painfully obvious she’s just saying hideous things on TV to fuel her minor celebrity status for as long as possible.

porter_jamie

aracer – Member

Should we stick to the standard names of Mark, George, Paul, Luke Richard and John?

FTFY

well, there was a peter, and a stuart too

aracer
    Free Member

she has created a media personality (an updated Hyacinth Bucket) which is almost a far more vulgar as than those she “pretends” to despise

3dvgirl
    Free Member

lol i come from quite a middle class family, relatives that are Mp’s and stuff like that, but anyway always hated having a posh name, so changed its to a name of some trailer trash methamphetamine dealer from Georgia I saw on a american news website.. lol my parents were so pleased..
    (I have grown up now and in hindsight would not have changed my family name just my first as this still seems to upset them somewhat, but its so much effort to get everything changed again.)

lol just watched the video.. omg what a **** townk that woman is..

aracer
    Free Member

I think if I was her child I would deliberately make friends with anybody called Tyson or Chardonnay just to piss her off.

barnsleymitch
    Free Member

When we adopted the boys, we didn’t change their Christian names (sorry, I think we’re supposed to say ‘given names’ nowadays), we just dropped some of the more interesting middle names. I don’t particularly like the woman in the video, in fact I remember ranting at some of her ridiculous comments when she was on the apprentice, but like it or not, I imagine that all of us tend to judge people, if only briefly, on names, the way they dress, whether they have tattoos, etc. Slow news day, I would imagine, just ignore the snotty cow.

3dvgirl
    Free Member

I have a overpowering desire to change my name to Chardonnay. 🙂

GaryLake
    Free Member

Nothing shows a greater absence of class than taking the piss out of what someone has chosen to call their child IMO.

Although what do I know, I’m the son of a butcher and was named Gary 🙄

philconsequence
    Free Member

i prefer to judge people based on where they’re from geographically and if possible the colour of their skin, much more telling than just a name… after all, think of ‘carl’…. standard, white chap, prob mid 30’s working in IT yeah? NO… Black guy from the simpsons who works with nuclear power.

be careful out their folks x

wrecker
    Free Member

My friend had a line; Everytime someone tried to kick off with him he just whispered “I’m going to bum you”. This is as an adult, not a kid. That wouldn’t really be appropriate.

It worked every time. The would be assailants either laughed or got a very confused, worried or embarrassed look.

How is the toffy birds kid ever going to score any decent weed? Parental abuse if you ask me.

think of ‘carl’…. standard, white chap, prob mid 30’s working in IT yeah?

I have a friend called Carl; he’s in his 30’s, white. But he doesn’t work in IT. He’s in the SAS.

aracer
    Free Member

i prefer to judge people based on where they’re from geographically and if possible the colour of their skin

Whoah – you’re completely missing out gender and sexuality as important means of judging people there. Take Jamie – works in banking, plays rugby, all round good chap – or is it the man hating lesbian?

mudshark
    Free Member

I worked with a Carl in his 30s, white, IT – a bit chubby and quite aggressive.

My son’s called Thomas – I like the fact he can be a Tom or Thomas or Tommy or…well that’s probably it but you can fit in in most environments with that sort of a name.

I’m Tobias/Toby – not much flexibility there.

patriotpro
    Free Member

My child is a her rather than a him and if you can tell what class she is in by her name, then I take my hat off to you.

lodious
    Free Member

Love the fake handclaps @3:50…I wouldn’t let my kids play with another child who’s mum did that 😉

She’s horrible, but if I’m honest, i’m no better. If I hear someone calling their kids Tyson / Jordan / Chantelle (plebs) or Piers / Cassius / Xavier (toffs) it creates a negative impression on me.

I’m even more full of s*** as I have a child called Dan (pleb) and Oscar (toff). I know they are OK though 🙂

3dvgirl
    Free Member

I like to base my view of people on their bikes, personally I don’t speak to people with SRAM gears.

Junkyard
    Free Member

My child is a her rather than a him and if you can tell what class she is in by her name, then I take my hat off to you.

So just like you she is classless 😉

rewski
    Free Member

She’s an idiot for falling for that trap, the shows researcher knew what would happen, especially once it goes viral, hi 5’s back stage at itv no doubt.

aracer
    Free Member

My son’s called Thomas – I like the fact he can be a Tom or Thomas or Tommy or…well that’s probably it but you can fit in in most environments with that sort of a name.

I’m sure he’ll fit right in with the other 3 Thomases in his class at school 😉

Our children’s names were deliberately chosen so that when we shout them across the playground we don’t get 10 kids looking our way. Hence the unusual names of Peter and Mark.

mudshark
    Free Member

True, Thomas is quite common in his school – middle class area if that matters. But then I’ve been in the same class as other Tobys at several schools.

yossarian
    Free Member

I’ve got a Tom as well. We decided he would be Tom around 5 years before he was even born, have no interest in whether its popular or how its perceived by others.

My other lad has an unusual name, Beech. Its for a number of family and geographical reasons. Once more don’t care in the slightest what other people think of it. He loves it, as does everyone else in the family.

If other people want to make judgments on him and us then let them, who actually cares what other people think?

toxicsoks
    Free Member

“……will the parents of Belle Endeacott (really) report to the Good Kicking Area…….”

yunki
    Free Member

My two boys are called Chavface and Primarni, and I bet they could beat the living shit out of that disgusting woman’s kids.. So I think that’s one nil to ME you snooty cow..

narrow minded people like her should be rounded up and shot

rewski
    Free Member

I didn’t name my kids, there previous fathers did.

DezB
    Free Member

when she was on the apprentice…

Ah, now I judge people by that. If their parents watch the Apprentice my kid’s going nowhere near the scumbags!

BermBandit
    Free Member

This entire thread is the product of **** TV. (Judgemental: Yes, but, True: Definitely)

You lot need to get out more.

Besides whats wrong with Mercedes-Chardonnay for a girl?

peterfile
    Free Member

My son is called Baba Ghanoush and my daughter is called Crème Fraiche.

That must present her middle class, deli loving brain with a moral dilema

CountZero

I imagine that all of us tend to judge people, if only briefly, on names, the way they dress, whether they have tattoos,

Especially the tattoos… 😉

CountZero

3dvgirl – Member

I like to base my view of people on their bikes, personally I don’t speak to people with SRAM gears.
    Bugger, and there was me thinking we were getting on so well… 😉

muppetWrangler
    Free Member

She’s made her way onto page one of my “come the revolution” notebook.

Rare that anyone gets a new entry straight to page one, she’s excelled in that regard. Currently she’s above the offspring of Bernie Ecclestone but below Piers Morgan, obviously.

philconsequence
    Free Member

my kids are going to be called ‘liferuiner’ and ‘unwantedsurprise’

or Dave and Davette

a couple of support workers who work for me sometimes are called, they’re brothers by the way, wait for it…. Clinton and Linton 😀

grum
    Free Member

My brother’s kids are called Rufus and Torben. It’s one step away from Troilus and Cressida IMO. 🙂

Viewing 40 posts - 81 through 120 (of 178 total)

The topic ‘Does your child's name give away his class?’ is closed to new replies.