Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Nant y Aran to Mach.
  • mickasaki
    Free Member

Has any one here done this? How long did it take and was it worth it?
    Thanks!

steve_b77
    Free Member

Yeah, about 45 minutes in the car, well worth it for the cider and curry 😆

Russell96

Did Aberystwyth to Nant yr Arian to Mach and it was great fun, read about it here >>

A big ride for little lives – the digital version.

MrOvershoot

I know many never look at the front page here but!

Day 1 of the route includes N-y-A to Mach

http://www.theedgecycleworks.com/mtbroutes/north-wales-coast-2-coast-day-1

Also in this months mag HTH

MrOvershoot

See Russ your faster with a keyboard as well 😮 though mine did have 2 links 😆

dreednya

It is a nice ride depending on your route. Easiest is to ride out on the Continental trail at Nant, head up to Angler's Retreat at the furthest point north (by Nant-y-moch reservoir) and then head out to Mach 3 via the 'Hollow trail' as they did in the big-ride-for-little-lives. Once on Mach 3 go down the Chute and head onto Mach 2 (all signed).

As for times, I've only timed it from Angler's Retreat, 30 minutes to the bottom of the chute and 1 hour and 5 minutes to the golf course at Mach :). So add on 45 minutes to an hour to get from Nant-yr-arian car park to Angler's Retreat I guess.

It is definitely worth it as a route, the sections of Mach 3 before the chute have some stunning scenery where the valley slopes off steeply to your right :). Another good alternative would be to ride the outward part of Joe's Back Garden from Nant car park and then join Mach 3 and then on to Mach 2. Takes you down the side of Plynlimon 🙂

stills8tannorm
    Free Member

If you like been out in the hills then you'll enjoy it, if you prefer trail centre type riding then you might not. There's loads of route variations, get the map out and take your pick … lots of people like the Foel Fadian descent from Glaslyn but there are plenty of other options.

3-4 hours depending on weather, route, faffing, etc.

mickasaki
    Free Member

That all sounds good. I rode Mach3 last month and it was nice to be away from the roper centres. The Chute was very unexpected! I'll take a look at them links now.
    thanks all!

Russell96

The Chute in the dry is a hoot, in the wet the top section can look like a Motorway pile up.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Nant y Aran to Mach.’ is closed to new replies.