Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • N Wales trip accommodation
  • pipiom
    Free Member

Thinking of venturing over to mainland in April 14…..probably stay at Betws y coed and try and do all of the surrounding centres ( never done a trail centre thing) ……..has anyone got any experience of good medium priced hotel/BB that is bike/biker friendly

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Might I suggest staying in Machynlleth, cracking little town. Reditreks is a grand place to base yourself.

Easy to get North to CYB and Antur, and then there’s NYA to the South and Mach itself rideable from the town. More of a drive to get to the Southern centres (Brechfa and BPW, for example), but there’s also plenty of good wild country riding to be had around Mach.

treaclesponge
    Free Member

Glan Aber hotel. We normally decsend en mass and they deal with it well. Bunkhouse for those on a budget, decent showers all round, drying room etc. Bit short on parking but plenty of room in the basement for bikes and a reasonable bar too.

scrank32

Garth Dderwen b&b in Betws-y-Coed. Great breakfast, friendly proprieters, bike storage, and walking distance to the pub. I’ve stayed there on my last two trips to ByC. Definitely worth considering.

superfli
    Free Member

If you want to stay near Betws-y-Coed, then The Eagles pub/b+B is very good, cheap and friendly:
    http://www.eaglespenmachno.co.uk/

Excellent bike storage room, dry room and a hose to clean your bike. Pub is nice, but they dont do meals. You can travel into town to get a take away and eat in the B+B kitchen area though.
    Right next to start of Penmachno trails too.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘N Wales trip accommodation’ is closed to new replies.