Viewing 39 posts - 1 through 39 (of 39 total)
  • Mysterious Ladies on Strava
  • cyclingweakly
    Free Member

I keep getting notifications that I’m being followed by ladies on Strava, but when I click to see who they are, it says that athlete can’t be found.

Is anyone else getting these spam follows?

Their profile pic tends to look something like this…

perchypanther
    Free Member

They’re attracted by your extreme manliness?

fasthaggis

Lies

Oh,and that’s not a very manly post,go and cut some bread

legend
    Free Member

You mean all my followers are fake?!?! 🙁

GolfChick
    Free Member

the real question is whether their segments are faster than yours?!

perchypanther
    Free Member

They’ve all buggered off to get close to Peter Andre?

allthegear
    Free Member

Damn – they don’t follow my Strava!

Rachel

Ro5ey
    Free Member

How can that young lady’s segment be faster than the OPs when she has massive…. handle bars like that ?

ads678

she’ll never get a KOM on that bike!!

Edit: dam, too slow!!

cyclingweakly
    Free Member

she’ll never get a KOM on that bike!!

There’s a bike?? 😉

I’d be more than happy to be followed by them (and indeed to follow them… constantly), but I suspect they’re spamming and get weedled out by Strava before I can check them out.

Had 2 this morning, Chloe Hunter and Charlotte Hope… Both similar profile pics and curiously, the same initials… [rubs chin in Sherlock Holmes manner whilst a cellist plays dun-dun-duuuuuunnnnn]

thomthumb
    Free Member

Add me on Snapsext.net
    I’m looking for a training partner

🙄

Duggan

Yeah I had the Chloe Hunter one last night. I also got Kudos on about 20 rides in one go from some mystery guy in Australia so not sure what’s going on 😕

franksinatra

Is this not part of a scam for thieves to find out where you live so they can nick your bikes?

fasthaggis

4real ?

franksinatra

seriously, I though there was a link between this and a spate of local bike thefts. Maybe just imagining it but the logic is there.

crazy-legs

A mate at work has been moaning about this, she’s had loads of random followers.

I’ve just been through my profile and cleared out 3 spam accounts and one person who lives in Florida.

cyclingweakly
    Free Member

My other half took up cycling last year and has got quite into Strava since I bought her a Garmin…

Now, I’m not just blowing my own trumpet, but she does look pretty god in Castelli, and after every ride, she gets 1 or 2 follow requests from random middle aged blokes.

We recently twigged that it’s guys doing fly-bys to find out who she is and then requesting a follow!

She finds that a ibt weird…

NewRetroTom

That is a bit weird and stalkerish.

number18
    Free Member

Duggan – Member
    Yeah I had the Chloe Hunter one last night. I also got Kudos on about 20 rides in one go from some mystery guy in Australia so not sure what’s going on

Exactly the same for me.

cchris2lou

Yep, same here. Chloe this morning and some guy in Germany giving Kudos galore.

cyclingweakly
    Free Member

Poah, will you stop filming my missus when she’s out for a leisurely ride! 8)

[edit: this makes no sense since Poah’s post got mod-axed]

mrchrispy

get random kudos from people all over the place and had the odd follow request from someone that is obviously looking for nice bikes to pinch. some yoof throwing gangsta shapes in the profile pics gives that one away.

did pass a very pretty girl the other day and though to myself that you could probably figure out who she was using flyby. however, the thought stopped there cause it’d just be plain creepy.

fasthaggis

Too late ,you just posted that thought on the internet mrchrisreepy 😉

alisonsmiles
    Free Member

I had the disappearing Chloe and Charlotte this morning too. I didn’t imagine for one moment they’d been admiring my recent rides.

dazh

+1 on Chloe requiring a training partner. Also had various random follow requests which I ignore unless they’re an obvious cyclist, and random kudos givers from far flung places as South Africa, Brazil, Florida etc. All a bit disconcerting really, enough that I’ve checked my various private zones are robust enough.

anagallis_arvensis

So, erm….whats flyby?

steve_b77
    Free Member

I’ve had a follower request from ‘Strava Athlete’ this morning, looks well suss so it got blocked

mrchrispy

@anagallis_arvensis
    So, erm….whats flyby?

http://labs.strava.com/flyby/

Lets to see who someone was you passed (maybe shared a wheel with) on a ride.

You get to see that bloke you destroyed on a climb on your commute home was actually 80 miles into a century and probably didnt care.

epicyclo

anagallis_arvensis – Member
    So, erm….whats flyby?

I don’t know Stravanese but it sounds like a quicky on 2 wheels. 🙂

mrsfry
    Free Member

Your OH set up a ‘Honey Trap’

cchris2lou

Another one just arrived.

vickypea
    Free Member

I don’t get it- if someone wants to follow me on Strava, they have to request my permission. Do you lot have a public Strava setting?

scaredypants

I don’t get it- if someone wants to follow me on Strava, they have to request my permission. Do you lot have a public Strava setting?

I do – no random burds on it though 🙁

cyclingweakly
    Free Member

I’ve just had a follow request from the imaginatively named “Strava Athlete”… Same sort of thing, when I click the profile it’s not available.

Bustaspoke
    Free Member

This morning I got a message on the phone from Strava saying someone called Fran M was following me,just done a ride so I’ll see if they comment.

dazh

enough that I’ve checked my various private zones are robust enough.

I’ve just read that back and it sounds distinctly dodgy 😀 Maybe I need that training partner after all?

cyclingweakly
    Free Member

Most of these fake profiles seem to get deleted straight away so it points to them being bots and Strava has the necessary measures in place to remove them before they cause a problem…

GrahamS

Hmmmm… are you literally Cycling Weekly?

If you’ve been followed by a Chloe Hunter or Charlotte Hope on Strava over the last few days, then you’re not alone, as many users have found themselves bombarded with follow requests from spam accounts.

http://www.cyclingweekly.co.uk/news/latest-news/strava-spam-221645

cyclingweakly
    Free Member

Haha, no, but after getting mentioned of their site for my ‘witty username’, I suspect they might be stalking me on here as well as Strava 😉

Viewing 39 posts - 1 through 39 (of 39 total)

The topic ‘Mysterious Ladies on Strava’ is closed to new replies.