Viewing 6 posts - 41 through 46 (of 46 total)
  • My wife's "mobile" phone
  • cheers_drive

I snapped my frame and cracked a rib on a night ride a few years ago. Had to walk a few miles home to find my gf of the time on the sofa having not heard her phone that she’d left in her bag upstairs 😐

binners

You should be careful what you wish for.

My mum and dad both had mobiles that were never ever turned on, much to everyones annoyance, as, really… whats the point of having them? As they look after the kids a lot its quite handy to be able to contact them

However, they’ve now gone completely the other way, and embraced smartphone technology with the gleeful abandon of pubescent teenagers. My mum now updates me on her daily activities on an hour by hour basis. When she’s got the girls, I get a picture of my lovely offspring approximately every 5 minutes. If I’m watching the Moto GP, my dad will text me throughout with a running commentary.

And… horror of horrors… my mum just added me on Facebook. I’m self censoring already 😥

GrahamS

my mum just added me on Facebook. I’m self censoring already

You can set up lists of friends and then only share posts with certain lists.

I have a “Sweary Things” list where I can post stuff without offending relatives, in-laws and delicate types.

(though I don’t know what happens if folk on that list start commenting/liking/sharing and have mutual friends who are not on the list – so I still self-censor a fair bit).

zokes
    Free Member

I have a “Sweary Things” list where I can post stuff without offending relatives, in-laws and delicate types.

I have a similar list – called my friends list – i.e. everyone. If they don’t like what I have to say then they can naff off. A few did after I dared to suggest that Joan Rivers may have been the swiftest and most high profile spot of karma I’ve ever seen. This approach doesn’t seem to have caused my life any issues so far.

GrahamS

If they don’t like what I have to say then they can naff off.

I admire your candour but telling my in-laws to naff off wouldn’t help with the babysitting arrangements. 😀

Rich_s

I forgot to add, the other thing is she has to have the latest iphone every year, last year I asked her why? you don’t use it. The reply I got was hhhmmpp

+1

She moans on and on about the phone I bought her a while back – some Sony Xperia thing (I don’t care – my phone has buttons).

So I do a bit of research (i.e., search on here) and find that the Moto G is worth having, just as she decides exactly the same from chatting with some friends. I’ve offered to pay for the phone – she just has to order it.

So far that complicated process has taken another 3 months of moaning about her Sony… at least at this rate I won’t have to think about her Christmas pressie.

Viewing 6 posts - 41 through 46 (of 46 total)

The topic ‘My wife's "mobile" phone’ is closed to new replies.