Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 51 total)
  • My uncle's had a brain haemorrhage
  • paulosoxo
    Free Member

53 year old, twin brother to my dad, keen roadie, companion on coast to coasts and Sunday cruises round the lanes. At the moment it doesn’t look good.

Cock

x

Vive Team Escargot

20×30-NRCJ1479 by paulosoxo, on Flickr

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

shite thing to happen

couldashouldawoulda
    Free Member

Jeez – that’s pretty young! Is he comfortable at the minute?

paulosoxo
    Free Member

I don’t really know, news is patchy, it’s a ‘deep bleed’ by all accounts and the prognosis is not favourable. I know nothing about these types of thing, but would assume we’ve lost at least some of him for ever. Just unsure of how much at present

couldashouldawoulda
    Free Member

God that’s crap! I dont know what that means, but if the care team says not favourable, well, I’d read into that. Thats just me.

Crap.

althepal

Keeping fingers crossed.
    Hope he’s in a good neuro unit..

couldashouldawoulda
    Free Member

Does he have kids?

What’s your happiest memory of him?

I remember all my uncles, now passed – sadly, after some long fights, but I remember the best bits of being a nephew! So, not on here, write / commit them to memory the bestest / daftest bits. Things you were told not to do, penkives out of bounds, rules to break etc …

hungrymonkey
    Free Member

i hope your uncle has as good a recovery as possible.

my 58yr old mum is currently in a neuro-ward after suffering some sort of bleeding on the brain, invasive tests tomorrow to find out whats happening. sounds less serious that what your uncle is going through though.

best of luck, keep strong for him and your family.

paulosoxo
    Free Member

He has a daughter who’s 20, and a two year old grandson and best mate who both lived with him and his wife until a few months ago. A year ago he was visiting me in intensive care and generally taking the piss out of me. I’m hoping I can return the favour very soon.

paulosoxo
    Free Member

Cheers hungry monkey. the feeling is mutual.

couldashouldawoulda
    Free Member

generally taking the piss out of me. I’m hoping I can return the favour very soon.

I like the sound of that!! He’s probably using this “rest” period to concoct some cracking nuggets for you!

I wish you all the very best – and keep us posted! Uncles are (IME) the greatest – especially for us fellas!

Diane
    Free Member

Hey don’t give up Paul – my father-in-law had one a few months ago. He’s 80 ish I think. We all thought he wouldn’t make it. He had a 5 hour brain op at one stage. Almost back to normal now.

nickf
    Free Member

My mother died after a haemmorrhage at 37, though that was 30 years back. Things have got a lot better since then, and she’d probably have survived nowadays.

Good luck to your uncle – I don’t know when it happened, but if he can make it through the first two days he’s got a good chance of survival, though it can be a long recovery.

neninja
    Free Member

Sorry to hear that.

My Grandad had a major haemorrhage years ago but made a full recovery. He’s still going at 92!

Make sure lots of people go and visit him and talk to him. I’m no expert but reckon people are aware of more than you realise when in a coma. When I visited my Grandad, his brain activity and pulse increased when I spoke to him and held his hand.

CaptJon
    Free Member

Paul, that is terrible. I remember doing the Cyclone with him. Don’t lose hope.

project
    Free Member

Paulosoxo, best wishes to your dads brother, and healing vibes.

paulosoxo
    Free Member

Cheers all.

X

racefaceec90

i wish your uncle a speedy recovery (sorry i don’t have anything else to say 🙁

nodrog2
    Free Member

Sorry to here this Paul. Can only keep my fingers crossed for him.

Teetosugars
    Free Member

‘Kin L Paul…

You and yours have been thought it a bit of late??

Fingers crossed and all…

flip
    Free Member

Sorry to hear that. Hope he gets well soon.

Karinofnine

Eek, 53! That’s only young. You were ill yourself recently weren’t you? You’ve been given a lot to deal with. I hope your Uncle gets better (or dies painlessly and without distress).

Hugs to you. xx

derek_starship
    Free Member

Paul – my best wishes also. I lost my fave uncle to the same about 30 years ago and I was really upset. Neuro techniques and care have evolved massively since then though.

Just to clarify the age thing. A subarachnoid haemmorhage can occur at ANY age. I know a girl who suffered one aged 15. They can happen to newborns or ninety year olds.

paulosoxo
    Free Member

Well he’s been allowed to come round a bit from sedation, and is apparently responding to commands to open his eyes, wiggle his toes and thumbs up, so hopefully these are good signs.

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

Yes that is good indeed 🙂

paulosoxo
    Free Member

Just been to see him. He squeezed my hand and everything. Woot

sambob
    Free Member

Nice one.

Bregante

Good signs Paul. Fingers crossed.

MarkyG82

Thats great! Heres to a full recovery.

missingfrontallobe
    Free Member

Best wishes to you & your uncle, from my own experiences you can’t have something like this happen to your brain and stay the same person, you do change.

I hope he makes as good a recovery as possible, he’s going to have a long road ahead of him.

If you believe in such things you’ll be in my prayers.

scaredypants

All the best to him – and you

You have some nice recovery rides to be planned, hopefully

Nonsense
    Free Member

My dad had a really sever haemorrhage when he was in his 40’s and I was a youngster. I had no idea at the time how close he came to passing away. The facilities, surgeons and aftercare in the NHS for brain surgery are quite simply amazing. He will be getting looked after as best as is possible. Hope you and your family keep your spirits up. All the best.

Nonsense
    Free Member

For what it’s worth my dad made an almost complete recovery and is still getting on my tits 20 years later.

Bregante

🙂

paulosoxo
    Free Member

Bregante – Member

POSTED 54 MINUTES AGO # REPORT-POST

+1

allthepies
    Free Member

53 year old, twin brother to my dad, keen roadie, companion on coast to coasts and Sunday cruises round the lanes. At the moment it doesn’t look good.

Cock

Bit harsh mate, he’s just had a brain haemorrhage.

<light relief joke content>

Clover

There’s an excellent book about stroke and recovery written by a neurologist who had a bleed on the brain – it’s called ‘My stroke of insight’ by Jill Bolte-Taylor. Hope it helps.

paulosoxo
    Free Member

I need an oh! In there.

grazedknees
    Free Member

my 43 year old sister had one 3 years ago. It took a while (2 years) for things to recover-but now she is exactly the same.
    They ended up putting a metal coil into the blood vessel in her brain to stop the bleeding. The coil went in via her hip, clever stuff indeed!
    Wish you all the best!

mamadirt
    Free Member

Glad to hear that there are some positive signs. Fingers crossed for you and your family. Take care xx

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 51 total)

The topic ‘My uncle's had a brain haemorrhage’ is closed to new replies.