Viewing 23 posts - 1 through 23 (of 23 total)
  • My son watches TV sideways.
  • rumbledethumps
    Free Member

Has anyone else got kids that do or have done this? I’ve mentioned it to his optician who have checked his vision in both eyes. All is fine. Any GPs or Opticians care to comment on here? To be honest i’m getting a feeling he is going to develop a lazy eye, and it sometimes appears habit forming although im not sure. I have to keep nagging him to look straight through both eyes. I’ve looked on the internet and found nothing. Its bizarre. Going to talk to our family GP monday, but wondered if its common? Cheers!

crikey
    Free Member

Relax helicopter dad.

rumbledethumps
    Free Member

enlighten me
    crikey

Simon

No, but my 6 year old daughter likes to watch TV whilst standing on her head. She’s just a bit odd.

SurroundedByZulus
    Free Member

I have a lazy eye and I dont look at the TV sideways.

neilsonwheels
    Free Member

Didn’t have time for lazy eyes in my day.

rumbledethumps
    Free Member

At last a serious answer! Ah why did I post? Ah well… 🙂

bigG
    Free Member

I used to hang off the sofa and watch TV upside down when I was a kid. Did me no harm, but really freaked my parents out, so I kept doing it. Once they stopped commenting on it I got bored and went back to “normal” viewing

brakes
    Free Member

my sister used to do this when she was a child, she has astigmatism
    she still has astigmatism but no longer does it
    I’m not sure the two are connected

crikey
    Free Member

Helicopter parents hover over their children, constantly looking for stuff that’s not right. Relax dude!

Drac

My eldest Bro does that, went for years before a random eye test found he has a ‘rugby ball’ eye. He does it whilst driving too.

rumbledethumps
    Free Member

Its a parents perogative, dude.

Andituk
    Free Member

I was going to have a lazy eye, but I couldn’t be bothered.

SurroundedByZulus
    Free Member

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TgAlZFX1Rvw[/video]

crikey
    Free Member

You could tip the telly on its side?

McHamish
    Free Member

My niece has a lazy eye. This was noticed because she used to watch TV with one eye. To encourage her lazy eye she wears a patch sometimes (over the good eye).

She’s 6 and a half now, and has been wearing her patch at least a year.

She would basically turn her head to the left and look at the TV with one eye. Rather than lying on her side and watching through both eyes.

rumbledethumps
    Free Member

Case closed!

steveaustin
    Free Member

I knew someone who watched tv looking sideways….it was there hearing.

T666DOM

If you’ve been to see your optometrist (providing they know what they’re doing) and the vision is equal with no prescription to speak of I wouldn’t worry. The optom should have thoroughly checked all the muscles of your sons eyes to make sure there’s no weaknesses there.

With things like this it can be just a habit, if you son’s older than 7 he won’t be able to develop a lazy eye.

wallop

I watch telly a bit to the side, but it’s because of my hearing, not my eyes!

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

Edited

smiththemainman
    Free Member

rumbledethumps, got 7 yr old and a 13 year old that can do this,both pass regular eye tests, get fed up of telling the 13 year old to face the tv.Shes happy in life doing very well at school so more than happy, but it is perculiar.

Militant_biker

I’ve got a lazy eye. Don’t think I ever watched TV sideways, although my brain does ignore what the lazy eye sees so it goes off wandering sometimes. Cue slightly Marty Feldman-esque photos

Viewing 23 posts - 1 through 23 (of 23 total)

The topic ‘My son watches TV sideways.’ is closed to new replies.