Viewing 32 posts - 1 through 32 (of 32 total)
  • My Orange 5
  • MrWoppit
    Free Member

It's not particularly "bling". It's not particularly unusual or "niche", but it's lovely and it's mine…. 8)

markfu
    Free Member

Mines old, definitely not bling, but it's also mine and i still love it 5 years down the line.

takisawa2

They're both nice bikes, but markfu has by far the best garden.

Bregante

lol

Fortunateson09
    Free Member

Those mudguards may serve a useful purpose but they look so so wrong.

carbon337
    Free Member

Just new in Jan. A few bits of bling. Would have liked white forks and blue hope bits but that was going to delay order by 11 weeks so didnt bother.

Absolutely love it.

About time we had another 5 appreciation thread.

and another wont harm….even though its iphone clarity

geoffj

They may ride well, but they are fugly.

Compared to a next generation Zesty or even a Heckler or Stumpy, they just look a little agricultural. Not quite as bad as a hemlock though IMHO 😕

MrWoppit
    Free Member

geoffj – Member

Pistols at dawn, sir!

el_creedo
    Free Member

My only concession to bling is the white saddle, pedals and white rims, which i mainly just did to upset my riding buddies – who hate white bike stuff!!
    Best bike ever – even looks like the best bike ever (haters' arguments are hugely floored IMO!), no mudguards though – EVER, I'd rather be blinded by a constant stream of mud because I am a) lazy, and b) vain. 😆

votchy
    Free Member

I like the aesthetics of the 5, it screams get me filthy and ride me like you stole me whereas other 'sussers look afraid of the mud 😀

Yes, I do have a 5 😉

OrangeRetro
    Free Member

Mmmm 5 goodness.. here's mine..

greasystain
    Free Member

Ordering mine this weekend – Can't wait.

This thread has just added to my excitement!

knott4me
    Free Member

apple green for me …best colour also g=forget the bling get a rear maxle upgrade

crazyjohnyblows
    Free Member

the five is like the landrover defender??? an old design…but it works…and its styling might not be curvey and attractive like other bikes…but its not ugly…id deffo get one in green or orange if i could.

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

It's not particularly "bling". It's not particularly unusual or "niche", but it's lovely and it's mine….

Well, that's got a face only a mother could love, as they say……

😈

dandan
    Free Member

top bikes

foxyrider
    Free Member

Performed flawlessly on Sat at Coedy in the Snow 🙂

philfive
    Free Member

love my 5, its a 2005 and i hammer it everywhere, its currently getting a new drivetrain and backend after 5 years of use 😀 hoping for a new alpine160 in new year

iamhimsoiam
    Free Member

here's mine not a very good pic though.

CheesybeanZ

his and hers 8)

nacho
    Free Member

Love the Orange 5 but I bought a Heckler in the end, couldn't decide between the two but my LBS is SC dealer so that swung it

chunkypaul
    Free Member

mudguards should be banned imo 😉 here is mine, and will be having a goodridge gear cable upgrade this evening

GaryLake
    Free Member

Ah go on…

coogan
    Free Member

Beauty in the eye of the beholder and all that… not this beholder mind.

duir
    Free Member

Compared to a next generation Zesty or even a Heckler or Stumpy, they just look a little agricultural. Not quite as bad as a hemlock though IMHO

All the more reason to buy one. A bike that is pure function and not all about aesthetics.

I don't own one but I think they look the dogs.

iainc

I like those mudguards in the first one -)

takisawa2

I'd love one.
    Anyone who's got one tried a Ventana El Ciclon also ?
    How do they compare ?

geoffj

I know where there's one for sale if anyone is interested

Nick

Must build my 2004 5 up again this year, great bike.

coopersport1
    Free Member

Fresh from a hammering in North Wales

And ready for some bling when I get out of Afghanistan in 35 days!
    [

John_Rowlands
    Free Member

Love the baby 5 geoffj :D. Must admit I love my 5 to bits, im not a hardcore rider I bought it for long day comfort but it inspires confidence to ride harder stuff. The price tag was hefty to me but worth every penny for the memories it has created and will hopefully carry on doing 😀

GiantJaunt
    Free Member

I'm going to have to try out one of these soon, they sound great. On a more serious note…..I like to think that I put practicality ahead of looks but to put mud guards like these on a mountain bike is so wrong.

Viewing 32 posts - 1 through 32 (of 32 total)

The topic ‘My Orange 5’ is closed to new replies.