Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • My New Tracer
  • Mike_T

The nomad is gone long live the Tracer, lets hope the forks live up to their billing.

Curly68
    Free Member

Lovely colour that. I have Revelation Race on mine. I love it to bits. Definitely the best bike I own and have ever owned!

undapressure
    Free Member

Lovely colour, stick a CCDB on the back and it is ready for anything. Love my tracer, best bike I have ever owned.

craig1975
    Free Member

I can't help it here's mine with a Manituo ISX6 shock on the rear..

hope you don't have any rear linkage woes like Ive had, I'm on to my third now, Intense tell me I have the revised version.. so far so good..

The blue is very nice BTW

dans160
    Free Member

Loved both mine but get shot of that RP23.

Looks lovely in the blue!

Jammy111
    Free Member

any got any comparisons with these and the 5.5 evp? is it similar when in the shorter travel mode?

Mike_T

dans160

what did you replace the rp23 with? noticed on the US forums they're being swap out for CraneCreek double barrels

mamadirt
    Free Member

Very nice 8)

dans160
    Free Member

I went for a Bos stoy which I had converted and is now fitted to the SS. I would go for a Cane Creek this time around. Cheaper and apparently better and comes in the right size. At the time I bought the Stoy there was no support for the CCDB in the UK should things go wrong.

The problem with the RP23 is that it blows through it's travel at the sign of a twig in the trail so bottoms out constantly despite putting the correct amount of air in. It also behaves in an interesting manner when braking over rough ground. IMHO it just doesn't suit the Tracer.

If I were you though just see how you get on with it before you splash more cash. These things are not cheap.

undapressure
    Free Member

Agreed, a CCDB totally changes the feel of the bike, makes it a much plusher and more involving ride. There were some problems with cracking to the rear triangles, I think something like the CCDB might get around this problem as it rarely bottoms out and if it does, is less harsh than the RP23.

dans160
    Free Member

Newer versions have a fix i.e. more material where the cracks would appear. I gave my second one hell and it was fine with the Bos.

craig1975
    Free Member

Another shock to seriously consider is the Manituo ISX6 intrinsic, I ditched the rp23.. I had the same bottom out issues.. and to stop it bottoming out I ended up running it too stiff.. I opted for the Manituo ISX6.. has to be the intrinsic version though.. this shock blows the rp23 out the water.. the bike feels much more plusher and defo feels a lot more active in rocky sections.. took me a while to get used to a shock that worked properly..

do a look about.. and you'll find a lot of people with good things to say about this shock

Manitou ISX 6

btw heres what intense sent me

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘My New Tracer’ is closed to new replies.