• This topic has 47 replies, 37 voices, and was last updated 11 years ago by IHN.
Viewing 8 posts - 41 through 48 (of 48 total)
  • My new ride (warning Carbon content)
  • Dibbs
    Free Member

Update, this is what the machine does, pretty painless at the time but the effects (blistering, ulcers, lack of taste etc) build up as the treatment goes on.

rexated
    Free Member

Yikes….
    I hope you are lying in there visualising which fancy new Whyte you will but to hit the Quantocks again soon.

The treatment must feel really nasty. Hope you are doing as well as you can be given the circumstances.

crispybacon
    Free Member

Sorry to hear you are having radiotherapy mate & all the best.

As rexated says keep thinking about riding the Q’s on your next new Whyte & we must have a ‘remission riders ride’ up there sometime soon.

Regards

Les

Dibbs
    Free Member

Only 4 more treatments left (finish next Wednesday), I’m feeling pretty good and the Quantocks are finally beginning to look very appealing out the window (there was a light dusting of snow overnight). I’ve been off the bike since October so it’s going to be a struggle.

cr500dom
    Free Member

Good luck Dibbs, keep fighting.
    My Father has Primary Liver Cancer at the moment, luckily he is in France so his treatment is about trying to cure it rather than Palliative as it would be over here.
    Hes had targeted radiotherapy and will be starting 3 doses of chemo soon.
    Keep your chin up fella

Best Mate who beat b-cell lymphoma 18mths ago likened the whole process to running a marathon:

“it hurts like hell, makes you feel like crap, and leaves you drained for days…..
    But people do it every day, which means it is do-able”
    😀

wwaswas

I’m feeling pretty good and the Quantocks are finally beginning to look very appealing out the window

That’s positive 🙂

tbh, once you do get out even if you’re pushing up every hill and just rolling back down it’ll probably feel like the best ride ever.

Dibbs
    Free Member

Just finished the last session of Radiotherapy WooHoo!!

IHN

Did you annoy Spiderman?

Viewing 8 posts - 41 through 48 (of 48 total)

The topic ‘My new ride (warning Carbon content)’ is closed to new replies.