Viewing 30 posts - 1 through 30 (of 30 total)
  • My new Pub-Bike… got a bit carried away.
  • sheppie_hill
    Free Member

Why oh why do I set out to build a cheap, rubbishy run about that I can leave anywhere; I know I will never manage it.

Anyway, bought a cheap bike from the bay, changed a few bits about and had a visit to the powder coaters. Decals were were designed by me and made up for me by one of those ebay decal sellers.

Yes there is now a website as the decals would suggest but it is under construction at the moment and will only ever be a route for people to get hold of the decals and powder coaters contact details.

I may ride it, I may sell it, haven’t decided yet. Have to see if I can get hold of that illusive Large Prophet frame.

What do you think?

rOcKeTdOg

lol ‘hademade by men is sheds’, classic!

Brown
    Free Member

“Whiskey Chaser”

Ha ha ha! Nice.

Spongebob
    Free Member

Where do you put the kebabs?

grumm
    Free Member

That’s more than ‘getting a bit carried away’!

whytetrash

What tyres for a Pub bike? :D…..looks a bit nice to leave outside I reckon!

nukeproof
    Free Member

Ha ha…Thats great

sofatester
    Free Member

You could be onto something here!

theflatboy
    Free Member

that is a ridiculously swish and, dare i say it, completely inappropriate pub bike 😆

nicely put together though, without a doubt! 🙂

thepodge
    Free Member

that looks better than my main bike

sheppie_hill
    Free Member

Tyres will be replaced with 2.4 Mountain Kings later when they turn up.

Went through loads of names one evening for the Brand and bike name (I still like Skip Wrecks too instead of pub-bikes, maybe for the next one) but Pub-bikes had more scope and I wanted a picture of a pint as the headtube decal.

It is a bit too nice to leave outside the pub/crash on the way home when mullered… must try harder to build rubbish bikes but my vanity will always get in the way.

Forgot to say in the original post… Thanks very much to Hairychested for the x9 SL grip shift donation.

Keva
    Free Member

it’s not really for going to the pub on though is it ?

buzz-lightyear
    Free Member

Carrera Fury ATM frame? (actually quite good)

Roll the bars forward, too much backsweep at present.

I like it very much, but it’ll get pinched the first time you leave it at the pub

[BTW. That wasn’t an advert in disguise was it?]

sheppie_hill
    Free Member

Buzz: It is exactly that, yes. I read the reviews and for what I paid for it…well, what can I say.

I thought that too with the bars, will address immediately

No, not an advert. As you will see from the website, this is not a company selling or promoting bikes or frames it was purely done to hide the true identity of the bike.

You may well see it on the Mendips later if you are up there?

BigDummy
    Free Member

Love it. I want the beer decal for the back of my sat tube.. Pedantic website point, you mean “a vain individual”.

sheppie_hill
    Free Member

Bigdummy – thanks, I will make the change.

grumm
    Free Member

It does look nice but it seems odd to go to all that effort to make a so-called ‘pub bike’ which sort of goes against the whole point of a pub bike. Whatever makes you happy though. 😛

wwaswas

my eye keeps being drawn to that small puddle beside the bike. What’s gone on there?

sheppie_hill
    Free Member

Spilt my beer

RepacK
    Free Member

Thats a bit more than a pub bike there dude – I reckon you could call it oh let me think hey try a mountain bike! 😉

miketually
    Free Member

Given what you’re actually doing, maybe Vein Bikes (deliberate misspelling) would be a better name than Pub Bikes?

z1ppy

That does look class.

Large prophets do exist, but their a bugger to hunt down and locate!
    Took me a good couple of months & WTD ad’s on numerous forums (came by mine via an ebay auction).

elliptic
    Free Member

Puddle of dribble needs mopping up.

Otherwise, 10/10 🙂 will keep an eye out.

stcolin
    Free Member

That is a fine looking pub bike 😀

badblood
    Free Member

damn! I the same idea – buy rat bikes off fleabay, do them up a touch and flog them on using http://www.pub-bikes.co.uk didn’t do it though. My bad!

Bike looks really nice, what was the total cost?

ahwiles
    Free Member

you sir, are a genius.

sheppie_hill
    Free Member

Total cost was £250. That would be with the continental gravity tyres on (which are as new too) but I wanted to run the RRs I already had. Would hope to sell it, not here obviously, for £350 ish?

racing_ralph
    Free Member

How much would a prophet frame with an rp23 shock be worth to you in large? In VGC btw

sheppie_hill
    Free Member

Ralph YGM

zaskar
    Free Member

LOL nice bike.

Viewing 30 posts - 1 through 30 (of 30 total)

The topic ‘My new Pub-Bike… got a bit carried away.’ is closed to new replies.