Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • My new old bike…..
  • After sitting unloved in the shed for over a year with worn out rims, I decided to breathe some new life into my old Kona.

New rims & hubs, new rear brake, pedals, bars, grips, seatclamp and saddle. Removed retro DCD and red anodised brake booster. It’s now roadworthy and will be coming away with me whilst I work away in my caravan – not a chance I was bringing the S-Works Enduro.

Next upgrades will be a BB7 front mechanical disc set-up. Quite enjoyed sorting it over the weekend and it rides like a dream. 15yrs old this year – the forks are 12yrs old and still work like a dream, which is surprising considering they are Manipoo’s.

davidtaylforth
    Free Member

awesome

Just like you david

davidtaylforth
    Free Member

Thanks! 🙂

Old Konas are probably the best mountain bikes ever made. That colour is probably the best ever invented. What a combo!

cynic-al
    Free Member

Kona HT with risers? Needs bar ends 😛

Seriously, I’m happy for you 😀

Not sure if you are being sarcy or not david, but no worries either way 😉

There have certainly been less awesome things posted in here.

Al – it had flats once – about 12″ wide and was a dog to control.

davidtaylforth
    Free Member

Not sure if you are being sarcy or not, but no worries either way

I thought the same about your comment, I’m assuming you were being sarcastic but smiled anyway.

Im serious about the bike though, cant beat an old skool Kona.

Get some old Z2 lights in chrome and yellow to finish it off.

🙂

Yeah, glad I bought it when I did and resisted selling it on a few occassions. It’s not a proper retro Kona, but was one of the last proper steel HT’s before Kona lost it’s way a little.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘My new old bike…..’ is closed to new replies.