Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 55 total)
  • My new Lynskey pro29 build
  • howie74
    Free Member

[img][/img]Hi all im pretty new to posting so bear with me… hope you like my new bike please give me your thoughts good or bad.

damitamit
    Free Member

tk46hal
    Free Member

When you copy picture URL and click on the IMG buttom you will get the box up on the screen, paste into box, but make sure you remove the blue http first. Like this!

tk46hal
    Free Member

Bloody fantastic!!!!!

My next big spend will one day be an other Linskey!!!!

pedalhead
    Free Member

lovely, looks *very* light!

but…brake hoses… 🙂

awh
    Free Member

What’s the thinking behind the twisted tube design? Any engineering reason?

tk46hal
    Free Member

Question!
    How many teeth on the front chain ring and the back?
    I’m going to build a S/S soon!

howie74
    Free Member

brake hoses are now done… you dont miss a thing.

tk46hal
    Free Member

Twisted tubes because Linskey can! He is the man!

howie74
    Free Member

Im running a 32 front 16 rear,you do spin like crazy on the road but its awsome off road…

pedalhead
    Free Member

go on then, weight? I’m guessing in the region of 20lbs.

clunker

sweet, like the forks too.

howie74
    Free Member

At the moment 18.03lb but will go sub 18 when new rotor cranks arrive… the forks are so nice fast control comfortable and most importantly very light.

pedalhead
    Free Member

holy cow 😯

howie74
    Free Member

The weight secret is the wheels,it had to be really as the frame came in at 4lb not that light in modern terms i know…

Houns

looks lovely that

tk46hal
    Free Member

Tell us all about the wheels, spec costs etc!

grtdkad

At the moment 18.03lb

…that’s stunning. And a lovely looking bike too!

CHB

Stick a hub gear on it, and flats with bar ends and that is my next bike…. lovely.

howie74
    Free Member

DT 240 hobs with the 32 pick up upgrade sams ZTR crest rims and sapim x ray bladed spokes that built a pair of 29er wheels weighing 1480 grams retail at about £900 ish… this sounds lavish but i work in the cycle trade so i didnt spend that crazy amount of money on them.

howie74
    Free Member

its got flats and im seriously concidering bar end but hub gears are just not for me…

hoojum
    Free Member

That’s real nice Howie and mentally light. [Edit] Makes me think I need to get me some crazy light wheels too.

howie74
    Free Member

A good set of wheels will make any bike feel better/faster

pedalhead
    Free Member

only thing I’d be worried about is how flexy those wheels are gonna be..?

howie74
    Free Member

I built them with decent nipples so was able to get the spokes really tight also kept with 32 hole 3 cross so not particullaly flexy… i’ll update if i come across any issues with them.

iomnigel
    Free Member

What are the forks on her ?

And the pin, stem and bars.

Please 🙂

gee
    Free Member

I’ve just built up a set of 29er wheels with DT Revs – no more flexy than the old ones that had DT Comps.

I’m interested if you live anywhere hilly? My 29er SS is built up with 34/19 and it feels about right? 32/16 is fine on a 26″ but the bigger wheels make the gears feel harder. You ridden it?

Nice bike.

GB

howie74
    Free Member

Forks are the new DT carbon seat post and stem are by ROTOR bars are salsa but will be changed when easton EC70’s become available at the end of this month.

howie74
    Free Member

Hilly i wish,im in suffolk we just get big mole hills… the gear will go 32 17 soon especially when i race so you are right the gear is wrong at the mo…

howie74
    Free Member

howie74
    Free Member

the rotor stem 100g

keavo
    Free Member

howie, are your tyres barro race (non tnt)folding, or barro race tnt?
    want some of the non tnt but crc sent me tnt’s. they advised me all their stock was tnt but they had folding on their website again a couple of days ago.

howie74
    Free Member

tires are non tnt and stocks were good when i got them… you should only get what you want or order… fricking awsome rubber tho.

bobalong
    Free Member

Looks a bit tarty to me.

Give apollo a couple of months and they’ll have someting out in the shops with a twisted frame.

Only joking – it’s a beauty!

Have you built my wheels yet?

howie74
    Free Member

Ah hello mate you cant say apollo to me and expect me to build your wheels… think im waiting for spokes nice chioce of bits but 26″?

nosemineb
    Free Member

Thats mint Howie.
    Liking the rotor stuff and i am looking for a nice light crank. Do you know the rrp prices and weights?

howie74
    Free Member

The Rotor stuff is beautifull light and a little bit different which is why i went for it… the cranks have been on order for a few months but ive been told by the end of feb.Fingers crossed, when they arrive i’ll post pics and weights but for RRP’s go to velotechs websit
    http://www.velotechservices.co.uk/index.asp

The-milkybar-kid
    Free Member

Which cranks are you waiting for?

howie74
    Free Member

ROTOR AGILIS double which is a 5 arm 110 skinny armed crank should look wicked… why do you ask?

The-milkybar-kid
    Free Member

I have had the Rotor 3D double on order now for 2 months its all i need for my on-one carbon 29er to finish.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 55 total)

The topic ‘My new Lynskey pro29 build’ is closed to new replies.