Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • My New Frame…Darkside Content!
  • steelfan
    Free Member

Can’t wait to build this baby up! Just need to source some drivetrain bits.

stumpytrek
    Free Member

Looks ace!

radoggair
    Free Member

thats the thinnest carbon frame i’ve ever saw 😉

Stuey01
    Free Member

Really nice. I wanted one of these for my winter bike but had to settle for the aluminium aether due to budget. It’s the same geometry as the equilibrium, a very nice ride. Sure the equilibrium will be excellent.

steelfan
    Free Member

After many months of getting the right parts its finally finished.
    Just need to sort out steerer length to get the best posistion but it rides like a dream! Built up with a mix of Campag Veloce, Centaur and Miche hubs.
    [img]https://lh4.googleusercontent.com/-ZvvElbmrEtM/Tj_Aei–8MI/AAAAAAAABxQ/w_0iwsUZdMU/P1070983.JPG[/img]

oldgit
    Free Member

One word – Mudguards. Or is that two?

The carbonites will be having nosebleeds.

Mister-P
    Free Member

The colour of the frame works well with silver parts.

Not going to mention the white tape / black saddle faux pas.

tthew

I’m not too keen on the way you’ve routed that cable along the bottom of the skirting board.

fenboy

nice build apart from

should be traditional bars not ergo, change the pedals, your cables are very untidy at the front, black saddle white tape as previously mentioned, also the angle of the saddle and most importantly NEVER EVER photograph a roadbike with the chain on the smaller ring,

Blackhound

Was looking at one of these myself. Would have liked some rear rack mounts for versatility to go with the eyelets.

Nice build though.

fenboy

blackhound have a look at the singular osprey or traitor exile

neilsonwheels
    Free Member

Spanking new but looks like it came straight out of the 70’s. Love it.

Teetosugars
    Free Member

Looks awful IMHO.

😐

Sorry.

Bregante

Looks awful IMHO.

Constructive.

I like it. Agree about the ergo bars and tape colour but otherwise it’s luvverly

Teetosugars
    Free Member

Bregante – Member

Constructive.

😐

Apologies, I think it looks awful due to the whole missmatched seat/bartape colours, the ergo bars,the loads of spacers under the stem, the whole “’70’s look” does nothing for me at all, the cable routing looks a bit confused, and the choice of pedals looks a bit, well, not my idea.

But like I said, it was all just my honest opnion.

steelfan
    Free Member

I’ll agree there are still a few of things I would like to change like the saddle for a white one, Conti Gators for Vittoria Rubino’s in black/white and the Ritchey Comp bars which were only £3 new! for some Ritchey Classic drops when funds allow.
    As I said at the start I’ve still yet to sort the steerer length. I cant have it too low as I suffer from a bit of lower back pain.
    I dont see the point in having two sets of shoes with pedals. I’ve been using these attacks for a good number of years and their still going strong.
    Do you think I should go the mudguard route or not?

As for the skirting cable its only temp fix until I have time to sort it properly.

1freezingpenguin
    Free Member

Apart from the mentioned bar/bar tape I think it looks nice 🙂 Makes a change from all the carbon bikes you see.

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)

The topic ‘My New Frame…Darkside Content!’ is closed to new replies.