Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 6,928 total)
  • My dear old things, it's STW TMS!
  • CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

The reassuring sounds of Soul Limbo will be ringing out at 1020 as coverage begins at Headingley.

Captain Cook to pass 10k today, perhaps?

Lifer
    Free Member

And there is…no run

ads678

Captain Cook to pass 10k today, perhaps?

And be the youngest ever to do so if he does!!

egb81
    Free Member

Now I’ve got the tough choice between listening to the cricket or watching the Giro. Life is hard.

martinhutch

Ah, I wondered why the weather had turned a bit rubbish. Must be the first home test of the summer.

duckman

I am quite envious, I think I would have liked cricket, but Fruechie in the village championship apart in the 80’s (and they are about to fold)the climate makes it a pointless activity up here.

spacey

Can’t wait, the sound track to the summer starts here. Would love the question marks over Hales to be removed by him scoring runs. Vince to do well too, then we have a side to take to Aus next winter.

theotherjonv

Liked the interview with Broad on R4 earlier.

‘So you’re the #1 bowler in the world today, does that mean you’ll get choice of ends?

‘No. In all the tests I’ve played with Jimmy, I never get choice of ends. I’ll be running up the hill again, like usual….

I know in all changing rooms there are different characters, but are there many others that are so well loved and yet so universally noted as being grumpy as Jimmy Anderson?

ads678

It’s over cast up here in Leeds this morning, so if Jimmy gets the ball swinging he can be as grumpy as he likes!!

Notter
    Free Member

I know in all changing rooms there are different characters, but are there many others that are so well loved and yet so universally noted as being grumpy as Jimmy Anderson?

+1

Jimmy’s a “Northerner” isn’t he? 😉

teamhurtmore
    Free Member

martinhutch – Member 
    Ah, I wondered why the weather had turned a bit rubbish. Must be the first home test of the summer.

+1

(Bloody hell duckie, are you from Freuchie? Better keep my head down as I come past later)

mefty
    Free Member

I am not sure Trotty loves him.

mefty
    Free Member

the climate makes it a pointless activity up here.

I read an article that claimed more cricket was played in Aberdeenshire than any other part of the UK – whilst I find this difficult to believe – you couldn’t make the claim unless there was plenty of cricket.

teamhurtmore
    Free Member

I’ve played cricket in Fife and mini THM is doing so now (not literally as in an exam right now). Rather play golf though 😉

teamhurtmore
    Free Member

[Opps FrUEchie….safe to use the A91 then!!!]

Anyway back to TMS, sorry for wide extras there 😉

teamhurtmore
    Free Member

Toss lost….

Sorry for stupid question, but what is the point of a Wendy kick-about a few minutes before Kick off the start? And when we’re grounds full of crap/people in the middle before a match?

Yours a cricket fuddy-duddy

spawnofyorkshire

Cook, Hales, Compton, Root, Vince, Stokes, Bairstow, Moeen Ali, Broad, Finn, Anderson

There’s some big hitters in there (not the argue about helmets and religion kind).
    Not sure there’s enough to noodle around a moving ball at headingley though. Could be an interesting start to this game

mrlebowski
    Free Member

MMMMmmmmm TMS – always an excuse for a lovely bit of cake!

mefty
    Free Member

I miss CMJ

theotherjonv

And i miss Tony Cozier, even though we haven’t really had chance to miss him yet.

https://www.theguardian.com/sport/2016/may/12/tony-cozier-obituary

spawnofyorkshire

This is my first summer without sky sports in 8 years and I hate the C5 highlights coverage so TMS will be my cricketing solace.

Apart from when Boycotts on. He’s still an arse

mefty
    Free Member

And i miss Tony Cozier, even though we haven’t really had chance to miss him yet.

No doubt I will too, still miss Donna Symmonds, who I think is still alive, but doesn’t seem to be on the panel anymore.

mrlebowski
    Free Member

Apart from when Boycotts on. He’s still an arse

I love Boycers precisely because he is an arse – he talks such a wonderful kind of B0llox..

jimdubleyou

The iOS iplayer radio app was updated yesterday, and now it’s dropping out on TMS. 🙁

The web feed is working fine 🙂

howsyourdad1
    Free Member

When people ask me what I miss most about England , it’s not Stella Artois or Pork Pies , or Wasps or indeed Branston Pickle , it’s Cricket . God I miss getting nicely toasted at lords/ oval / headingly and goading former colonies.

theotherjonv

Maybe the gap caused by Tony Cozier could be filled* by Donna?

* yeah, like that gap could ever be ‘filled’.

aracer
    Free Member

Working fine on Android here – thought you’d like to know 8) 😈

aracer
    Free Member

Boycs!!! Says they couldn’t bowl his gran out, cue a perfect ball

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Boycott’s granny!

teamhurtmore
    Free Member

Ok. Not great conditions for batting and his is a test match, but this is not exactly riveting so far is it?

Still an unbroken partnership to lunch would be nice.

Oh beefy – “start using a tennis ball shall we?….you’ve gotta wear a helmet…they’re professionals aren’t they?”

mrlebowski
    Free Member

Bugger…

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Even more bugger.

spawnofyorkshire

Buggery bugger

howsyourdad1
    Free Member

Hells bells

scandal42
    Free Member

Looking good

howsyourdad1
    Free Member

That’s why test is Da Best yo

mefty
    Free Member

Bairstow is in a rich seam of form.

duckman

THM, 2 eyes but only 10 fingers, not a Fifer.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Argh!

scaredypants

Argh +1 (-1 ?)

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 6,928 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.