Viewing 29 posts - 1 through 29 (of 29 total)
  • Murder in Ambridge?
  • RustySpanner

Read in the Indie this week that the BBC may consider a murder in 'The Archers' at some point.
    My God, the single-wicket controversy and now this, can life get any more exciting in Borsetshire?

OK, so:
    A) In a perect world, who would you most like to see killed off?
    and
    B) Realistically, who do you think will actually be killed and by whom?

Hmmn, personally, I'd like to see Sid Perks murdered by a psychotic Alan the Vicar, after making an unguarded remark about Usha.
    Or Susan Carter murdered by anybody, for any reason.

But more realistically, I can see Alastair digging a hole under the patio for Shula, or the Ed/Will/Emma thing getting messy again.
    Don't think we've heard the last of Mr Chalkman either.

Who are your candidates?

grahamb
    Free Member

Or Susan Carter murdered by anybody, for any reason.

That wouldn't be murder thought would it ?. It'd be a mercy killing. Same with Vicky. Someone had clearly got out the wrong side of the bed the day they decided on that character.

Creepy Paul killing Matt ?.

grahamh
    Free Member

David drowning Jude in the pig slury. 😯

IanMunro
    Free Member

Yeah Paul or Matt. Or Jazza taking out Harry the mountain biker.
    Pip or Helen would be my preference though because their voices are so whiney.

Cougar

I'm looking forward to the CSI: Ambridge spin-off series.

RustySpanner

Nah, sorry, can't be Helen, not with the current storyline.

Agree with Pip being annoying, but would quite like to see Tony finally grow a pair and drown Pat in a vat of her own smugness organic yoghurt. 🙂

LapSteel
    Free Member

I would like to see one of those Hollywood serial killers move into the area and start bumping off the cast one by one. Nigel Pargiter could become super sleuth and be on the case managing to solve all the clues to the next murder but arriving on the scene slightly too late everytime.

It could run for years. New characters could be introduced a bit like the ones in Star Trek that wear the red shirts so that you know that there going to meet a sticky end

Pigface
    Free Member

anything to get rid of Shula and the cretinous vet.

Junkyard
    Free Member

nuke em from orbit only way to be safe ….. like the shipping forecast and thought for the day it amazes me how often I have heard it and yet how little information I have retained.

GrahamS

I'm pretty sure the Shipping Forecast was originally some kind of code used to send messages to plucky resistance behind the Nazi lines and somehow they just forgot to stop broadcasting it.

"North Utsire, South Utsire, Viking, Dogger, Northeast 3 or 4, squally, poor or moderate. Red Fox, dawn, south beach. Cromarty"

RustySpanner

Shipping Forecast is pure poetry, I love it, even though I have no intention of going sailing.

Same with Gardeners Question Time: No garden, just love listening to it.
    Still missing John Cushnie's voice.

Junkyard, for God's sake man, have a read of this!
    It's not too late, you've obviously wasted a lot of time, but should be up to speed before the Single Wicket, hooked by the time of the Christmas Play and properly addicted by the time Helen's baby is born.

loup
    Free Member

Please somebody kill Vicky. Please please please.

But realistically I reckon it'll be something to do with the Lillian/Matt/Paul love triangle…

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Cougar – Member
    I'm looking forward to the CSI: Ambridge spin-off series.

I recently saw a police van emblazoned with "CSI Salisbury". Seemingly without the merest hint of irony!

Cougar

Hah, awesome. (-:

edhornby

could we not just bump off the writers and producers ?? that way we won't have to put up with the bleeding archers… it's rubbish

bassspine
    Free Member

Soaps have been going downhill since the space shuttle crashed into Emmerdale farm…

RustySpanner

"You bloody townies, you just don't understand out country ways" etc, etc.

You know that Gok Wan? You luurve him you do, you watch his programs in just your pants…………..

antigee

"The BBC must display at least one of the following characteristics in all content: high quality, originality, innovation, to be challenging and to be engaging." BBC Charter

explain The Archers

RustySpanner

Recent storylines:

Civil partnerships.
    Senile dementia/Alzheimer's disease and it's long term impact, played out over the last few years,in real time and affecting one of the programmes most loved characters.
    Drug addiction.
    Inter racial/inter faith marriage.
    Direct action/GM crops.
    Suicide and it's consequences.
    Anorexia.

The quality of the writing & acting is amazing, give it a go, you might just be pleasantly surprised. 🙂

woffle
    Free Member

The quality of the writing & acting is amazing, give it a go, you might just be pleasantly surprised.

+1

The sunday night podcast keeps me entertained on my ride to work Monday morning – I tend to do a slightly longer route so as to get it all in before getting to the station.

antigee

– I tend to do a slightly longer route so as to get it all in before getting to the station.

that is a result of the obsession not a reason

Cooroo
    Free Member

Podcasting the Omnibus edition has saved my life as I don't have to keep choosing the next episode on my iPod while driving to work…

Sanctimonious Shula would hardly be missed. Pip may be annoying but no one deserves Jude, so he'd better go. Perhaps could be eaten by shark off Newquay though, with no homicide involved.

Funny no one has mentioned Linda Snell. She used to be a major hate object, but has been toned down, and is a delight compared to the likes of Vicky and Susan.

Story lines have been excellent – love triangles among the over 50s, Alzheimer's. I think they can do without murder.

tree-magnet
    Free Member

So long as it's not Ruth. She looks munting irl, but on the radio she gives me the horn.

adstick
    Free Member

+1 for hoping it will be Susan.

However I'm guessing it'll be something to do with Matt and Paul.

Pigface
    Free Member

More to the point who will take over at the Bull, Sid aint coming back from NZ.

london_lady
    Free Member

As long as it isn't joe or eddie grundy – ambridge wouldn't be the same if they were found drowned in a vat of homebrew cider! Any of the female characters deserve to be bumped off – most of them whinge for britain but save vicky – one of the funniest characters in the village.

Tiger6791

There's a tattoo?

IanMunro
    Free Member

Cigar for Pigface 🙂

jahwomble
    Free Member

"a bit like the ones in Star Trek that wear the red shirts so that you know that there going to meet a sticky end"

it's on the radio you know:)

Viewing 29 posts - 1 through 29 (of 29 total)

The topic ‘Murder in Ambridge?’ is closed to new replies.