• This topic is empty.
Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Multipl similar bikes, crossover, decision, Spearfish, Cooker, Process
  • weeksy

Just some random musings really.

i’ve now got 3 bikes in my garage,
    2012 Salsa Spearfish, decent spec, nice bits on it with 120mm forks.
    2013 Charge Cooker, slightly lower spec, but decent enough
    2014 Kona Process 153, good spec.

The plan was always to have the Process as the ‘go to’ bike for summer riding, which means mostly i guess fairly simple basic locl riding, but i’m trying to make sure i get to Swinley/Afan/Surrey/BPW a lot more at the moment… but whether that will continue in the fullness of time is open to debate.

Due to the fact i’ve not ridden the Process yet i don’t know how appropriate it will be at generic ridgeway etc riding around Berks/Oxon etc.

So i’m sitting with then a bit of a ‘too close to eachother’ type scenario with the Spearfish and the Cooker … The problem with that isn’t the space really, isnt’ really the money, but the self-justification of having 3 bikes, 2 of which are a bit too close to eachother.

I guess where the question is leading is… Can the Process do generic XC type riding without being a nightmare ? Also, can i put up with the Cooker as the XC bike given the horse dug tracks and the tractor ridged trails.

If i sell the Spearfish it’s likley to go to a mate for £750-800… if i sell the Charge, i’d be lucky to see £400….

But i can’t really ride all 3… so what’s the decision… what’s the thoughts..

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

The topic ‘Multipl similar bikes, crossover, decision, Spearfish, Cooker, Process’ is closed to new replies.