Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Mudguards on an Inbred
  • simonk
    Free Member

heya all, i am currently rebuilding my old geared inbred for road / commuting duties this winter, one thing i want to fit is some mudguards, is this possible? there fittings for a rack but i cant see any for mudguards. I am probably being daft, any help would be appreciated.

Simonk

epicsteve
    Free Member

I got a rear mudguard on with a rack on mine no problem. Never did get around to sorting out the front mudguard fitting though.

Kojaklollipop
    Free Member

I'm looking to put some mudguards on my Inbred too, just done a search and this thread came up …

So, epicsteve how did you put guards on then? I've got a newer Inbred but without the small brace inbetween the chainstays or a hole in the mono-stay seatstay bit what do you attach the rear guard to, any tips?

Thanks

jonb
    Free Member

I used zip ties

druidh
    Free Member

If you're fitting a rack, one option is to use that as a mudguard. Either buy one (e.g. Topeak) with a platform/deck built in, or zip-tie some plastic under a Blackburn. I extended the platform on my Topeak using a little bit of plastic and some zip-ties between the top mudguard stays.

Kojaklollipop
    Free Member

Yeah, I guess I'll have to bodge up something with zip-ties, the only bit that I can't seem to work out is the end near the BB, usually you would bolt that to the chainstay brace bit but there isn't one on the Inbred.

I have got a rack with a platform, one of the reasons for getting the Inbred was that it had the rack fittings but I'd rather use mudguards for the winter.

Anyone know if there is a mudguard that has a fitting to go on the seat tube instead, a full wrap around mudguard, I have one of those shorter plastic one's that clip onto the seat tube and it's rubbish.

z1ppy

Not sure it's the kind of mudguard for pure road/commuting use, but the best rear mudguard for off-road use I've found is the Decathlon rear mudguard that fits onto your canti mounts.

http://www.decathlon.co.uk/EN/mtb-rear-17251445/

epicsteve
    Free Member

I've just fitted mudguards to my current Inbred (a lot dropout one). I couldn't find the full-length one I had fitted to the old Inbred (plus I'm going to be using this one off-road) so I've used a crudguard on the back, which there is space for under the rack, and one of the Topeak MX style ones on the front, as it's got a suspension fork.

Looks shit, but does the job. I'll get some pictures and post them up tonight.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Mudguards on an Inbred’ is closed to new replies.