Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Mudguard for a SC Blur
  • Riofer
    Free Member

I'm sure I remember seeing a post a few months ago about a DIY mudguard someone had made (or was planning to make) for their Blur. The idea that it stops mud build up on the lower linkage. Anyone done this?

I've got an old crud catcher I might take a hacksaw to, but any tips from experience would be useful before I start cutting.

thepodge
    Free Member

On my Trance i've got a bit of old inner tube strapped to the Y bit of the swingarm between the seat stays and the chain stays. this keeps most of the crap off the lower linkage and the front mech. it's not perfect but its a very simple solution. I've considered replacing it with a bit of plastic milk bottle for a slightly better fit and rigidity.

I'll do a photo next time im in the cellar but i'm sure you can imagine what its like

Riofer
    Free Member

Cheers for the reply. I think I'll just drop the wheel out and measure up the crud catcher as best I can and get cutting. I'll post back here the results.

Riofer
    Free Member

MrNutt I'll say thank you as the second idea you gave might just work. I'll try the chopped up crud catcher first though 😀

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Mudguard for a SC Blur’ is closed to new replies.