Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 25 total)
  • MTB riders waving at roadies – RANT
  • aracer
    Free Member

On my way to work yesterday, just riding up a little hill, on my nice road bike. Saw a bloke on a MTB coming the other way pulling a huge wheelie (quite impressive – he had the front wheel up when I first saw him, it was still up when I went past him). Gave him a little wave – partly because I always do wave at people on bikes, partly because I was impressed. But could the bloke on the MTB be bothered to take a hand of his bars to give me a wave? No. HOW MUCH TROUBLE WOULD IT HAVE BEEN FOR HIM TO BE POLITE AND TAKE ONE HAND OFF THE BARS TO GIVE ME A LITTLE WAVE?

TroutWrestler
    Free Member

Someone had put evo-stik on my grips, I didn't mean to offend, honest!

BoardinBob

Do you wave at every pedestrian you walk past?

Stu_N

LOL! Nice one.

One handed wheelies are probably the next trick for him to learn 🙂

zokes
    Free Member

Rant FAIL

simply_oli_y
    Free Member

pppffffftttt, its no good if you can't do no handed wheelies!

0091paddy
    Free Member

I nod/wave at all cyclists, most times they respond. If not they'll be hearing some rather nice words come out of my mouth "Miserable *insert own expletive*

Guy I know used to turn round and ask people why they didn't reply. 😆

mingsta
    Free Member

I love it when people wave back, it makes me feel so……alive.

NZCol

I use my bike as a form of conveying me from one place to another. I don't wave at other bikers much like i don't wave at all the other car drivers.

foxyrider
    Free Member

Ooops – don't start that one – I've done that acknowledgment/wave/hello post before and you will poss get some very obtuse answers like – "If I dont want to I won't" or "I'm going too fast to do that" 🙂

Edit: theres one of them above ! LOL

MisterT

I wave to other cyclists when riding, I wave to other VW transporter owners when driving, I say murnin/owdo to pedestrians when walking around town… it's just being humane to acnowledge others.

clubber
    Free Member

God, there are some sensitive souls around 🙄

foxyrider
    Free Member

God, there are some sensitive souls around

Elaborate clubber?

njee20
    Free Member

Do you maybe think the OP was being a teensy bit ironic?

I_Ache
    Free Member

I had this last night I went for a quick spin on the road bike but (as I am too uncomfortable with my body) I dont wear lycra and my normal road baggies were in the wash so I put on some 3/4 length Endura Humvees (there is a point to this). I normally nod or say hello at every cyclist that I see no matter what they ride. There was a local club rider in a fetching pink and blue kit coming towards me so I nodded he just looked me up and down and scowled (I'm assuming this was because of my clothing) I muttered grumpy b****** and carried on. No doubt I will be a story to tell to his club mates at the weekend.

Why are people so rude?

chakaping
    Free Member

A fully team lyrca-ed roadie gave me a very friendly wave and hello when I was out on my 6in FS bike yesterday.

Do you think it was because I was in lycra and an old road club top?

Drac

Do you maybe think the OP was being a teensy bit ironic?

Not in the slightest but he was joking.

sheldona
    Free Member

Must of been a gheyer if he can't wheelie and wave at the same time 🙂

MrSalmon
    Free Member

I nod/wave at all cyclists, most times they respond. If not they'll be hearing some rather nice words come out of my mouth "Miserable *insert own expletive*

I hope you're joking?!

cynic-al
    Free Member

Pah. Wheelying uphill is easy.

njee20
    Free Member

It never fails to surprise me how seriously people take the whole 'waving/acknowledging' thing! I find mountain bikers are the rudest, irrespective of bike choice, but I really don't give a shit!

case
    Free Member

Waving is a bit over the top surely.

An almost imperceptible nod of the head is my preferred option.

nuke

TBH even on a weekend its surprising how few people you can come across on my regulars around the Surrey Hills including walkers and horse riders so I generally acknowledge and mutter morning/afternoon to most people ( …except photographers 😉 ) Don't really care if they respond or not.

JaceFace
    Free Member

But he was coming down the hill surely. One handed manual is even harder 😉

AndyP
    Free Member

I_Ache – Member

I muttered grumpy b****** and carried on.

Why are people so rude?

why don't you tell us?

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 25 total)

The topic ‘MTB riders waving at roadies – RANT’ is closed to new replies.