Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • MTB lite in Llandridod Wells/Llandovery area please!
  • oxym0r0n

Taking Mrs Oxy on a weekend away without mini-oxys this weekend to Wales for our anniversary and she is up for a bit of riding…

Any suggestions of some fairly easy to ride/navigate routes with some singletrack around mid-Wales or Beacons area would be greatly appreciated. (She has ridden and enjoyed Red route in Forest of Deane, some of the easier trails in Redwoods, Rotorua and the easier trails around Grand Junction Colorado as a guide!)

Thanks

dan45a
    Free Member

Cwm rhaeadr is worth a look near Llandovery short but well made. Brechfa green/blue are also great fun, do them with my wife.

Elan valley would be worth a look from Llandrindod.

Mbwales has good route info for the above.

mountainman

Cwm rhaeadr is worth a look near Llandovery short but well made

yes recomend that plus Brechfa too.

Or if you wander further across Ystwyth trail -Tregaron-Aberystwyth

Teetosugars
    Free Member

Does Clive Powell still run his guiding around that neck of the woods??

hugor
    Free Member

Do you want trail centres or epics?
    The Beacons hold up very well with the current wetness.
    Something like the Gap route is easy to navigate and not too technical.
    My missus loved it.
    There are lots of great natural loops in the black mountains too.
    The Mynydd Llangorse is another spectacular circular route.
    There are loads more.
    None of these routes are signposted so navigation is required.
    Happy to link gpx’s if your interested.

Teifiterror
    Free Member

as said cwm rhaeadr and the blue/green at brechfa (or red) would be the best bets. Natural stuff is well and truly sodden and proving a bit of a slog. If you like fords and it hasn’t rained for a day or two then the tywi track from the abergwesyn mountain road to strata florida and back is a random suggestion, great fun if you like to part swim/cycle on a warm day.

Ambrose

Do you ever use Facebook? If so, join Mynydd Du MTB where you will find a happy bunch of local riders who will happily show you around I’m sure.

oxym0r0n

Thanks guys – not necessarily trail centres – I can read a map but prob not up for an epic! Ridden Elan and Brechfa before. Best get the maps out and have a little look…

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘MTB lite in Llandridod Wells/Llandovery area please!’ is closed to new replies.