Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • MTb in Las Vegas
  • alcolepone
    Free Member

Has anyone gone for a ride out in Las Vegas, we're off on holiday there next weekend and so any recommendations would be excellent.

cheers

uplink
    Free Member

Google Bootleg canyon

Try the zip line there too

alcolepone
    Free Member

cheers for the info

freeganbikefascist
    Free Member

Google maps says Moab is 7 hours away by car. you can't get so close and miss out on Moab, it wouldn't be right

Kuco

A good group of mountains just outside of Las Vegas, Hardly any traffic the only thing you see is a few well armed soldiers and maybe a few UFO's. I think the locals call it Area 51.

Rivett
    Free Member

Have a look at Red Rock Canyon. The riding there is good with a lot of singletrack. Rocky but not as harsh as Bootleg. There is a good little bike shop at Blue Diamond. They are part of McGhies. They have there main store at 4035 South Fort Apache. They do rentals. Have fun.

Whos_Daddy
    Free Member

I stayed in Moab a few years ago while touring the USA, but NEVER got the chance to ride there!! ARGH!! 👿 Looks FANTASTIC riding tho. Loads of great bike shops!!

sam-r
    Free Member

as above Red Rock Canyon. Word of caution: thoroughly check any rental bikes taken from the store there before taking out. I won't divulge too much, just don't assume (as I did) that they are in good fettle, consequences can be nasty.

Riding is A1 if you've never ridden in desert though! 8)

numplumz
    Free Member

This should help
    Riding at Cottonwood is good, as is bootleg.

If you have a weekend to spare drive north up to Zion national park, its awesome and not too far away.

Must arrange a trip back there 😉

uplink
    Free Member

As I mentioned earlier there's also a zip line at Bootleg

http://www.bcflightlines.com/

genesis
    Free Member

Post for a hookup on DirtRag's forum.

zinger
    Free Member

As has already been said go ride over at CottonWood canyon great XC trails and fantastic scenery, The cowboy trails are near there as well I've not ridden there yet But i've heard the trails are quite rocky and technical in places – I'll be riding there this April 😀 though

Bootleg canyons has some more technical trails but its a bit further from the centre of Las Vegas

I've got more info from my last trip out there here

USA Trip 2008 Trip Report

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘MTb in Las Vegas’ is closed to new replies.