Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • MS Visio software problem
  • Mounty_73

My version is quite old, 2000.

Does the new 2010 version offer any different formats, ie does it save or export as a PDF? (its a family tree)

The problem is, I have a document created & saved in size A2, but when its saved as a JPG or other documents, the text appears all over the lines, which it shouldnt do.

Does anyone have the 2010 version, if so, could I send you my file and save or convert to a printable format, thanks 😉

Stoatsbrother
    Free Member

I use an older version of visio a lot too… And I’ve never had text move when saving as a jpg… so that sounds really weird to me. Usually if I want a pdf of it, I’ll put the jpg through photoshop. But never had any formatting problems printing saved jpgs from it in word documents, or putting them on websites eitiher.

A2 is pretty big…

How big is the visio file size? I could have a go for you on my old version if it is below 10Mb (work e mail constraints….)

xiphon
    Free Member

We’re on Visio 2000 here too. Managed to wrestle it into working with Win7 x64…

I think I have a VM of Visio 2010 somewhere…

kcr
    Free Member

There are some 3rd party apps that you can use to print any output to PDF. I have used a free one, Primo PDF, successfully. If you can install that, you could just use the normal Visio document print function to create a PDF

FuzzyWuzzy

I use Visio 2007 here and whenever I save as a JPEG or PDF there’s good chance it ends up looking shite.

Mounty_73

How big is the visio file size? I could have a go for you on my old version if it is below 10Mb (work e mail constraints….)

Its a really small file, just a simple family tree.

I will email it to you, if thats ok? Thanks.

No matter what format I save it as, it just looks rubbish, layout, text etc is all out….

Mounty_73

I have Primo PDF, but it only converts to a PDF in A4, I cant seem to get it in to A2 size ?

AlasdairMc

What about the Office XPS printer? I tried printing Visio to PDF, which was rubbish, so instead went for XPS and it produces a nice document that doesn’t lose any clarity on zooming.

thebunk

I installed visio 2010 this morning! Email me it and I’ll give it a try.

Mounty_73

I posted this up about a month ago and now I am still having the same problems.

Could anyone save/export my file to a TIF/PDF for me please?

Its driving me nuts, email in profile, thank you.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘MS Visio software problem’ is closed to new replies.