Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • M&S insurance question
  • piemann
    Free Member

Do your bikes have to be locked to an immovable object to be covered? Our AA policy makes that stipulation. I used to have them chained to the gas main in our old place, but that's not an option in the new house.

Would they be covered if they were just sitting in my spare room?

Thanks

Pie

goog
    Free Member

yes

br
    Free Member

Don't know, but since everything you own is covered (home or away) it would be a bit difficult to lock everything to something…

Put a ground/wall anchor in?

Speshpaul

Have you tried morethan ?
    Had a very interesting quote from them against our M&S renewal

piemann
    Free Member

I just did an oline quote for M&S, but it came out at over £600!!

To all the people who said they got it cheaper, can you give me some details as to how you acheived this?

Did you get the standard or premium cover and how much was your voluntary excess?

glenh
    Free Member

No requirement to be locked to anything as far as I'm aware.

pieman – yes it's expensive, but still cheaper than cheap house insurance + bike insurance (which invariable stipulates being locked to a supertanker minimum + 2 full time security guards).

ART

What he ^^^^ said. No requirement to be locked to immovable object IIRC. Bikes in locked property or vehicle if on the move (if you have away from home cover) is how I understand it.

br
    Free Member

No buildings, contents only on Premier with £250 voluntary excesses and never claimed on insurance – £116 + tax = £121!

SimonR

Worked out about 40% of the cost (no excess, no previous claims, contents only with the 'away from home' bit) of our previous policy and with better cover.
    I know a couple of people who have made claims in the recent past and customer service seems to be good too.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘M&S insurance question’ is closed to new replies.