• This topic has 12 replies, 9 voices, and was last updated 14 years ago by DrJ.
Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • MRI Scan @ BUPA
  • pritcsa
    Free Member

Using the power of the Singletrack mass brain, anyone know the price of an Bupa MRI scan?

Flaperon

http://www.privatehealth.co.uk/private-healthcare-services/diagnostic-imaging/mri-scans/mri-scan-prices/

I thought it was more than that, but obviously prices have come down. You can get a quick scan on the NHS if you tell them you're prepared to accept a cancellation slot on short notice.

allthepies
    Free Member

My back scan was approx £600 (NHS scanner but on a private plan) so £200 would seem rather low.

DM52
    Free Member

my knee cost £800 – that was six years ago mind. I suspect the prices above are for the scan only and not the 'interpretation' after.

fubar
    Free Member

as above – 'and then how much for somebody to interpret the results ?'

BoardinBob

My back scan was approx £600 (NHS scanner but on a private plan)

Known as cost shifting. The NHS will charge the insurance company more to use the scanner than they charge themselves.

pritcsa
    Free Member

Thanks guys, just wanted an idea so that's great. Under a neurologist so consultation not a problem but they came to to the mri whilst a lumber puncture was being done, so don't fancy the wait over again.

DrP

What would be the point of a scan without a radiologist or other doctor to interpret it?!
    Surely no legitimate business would offer this!

DrP

BoardinBob

Depends on the consultant but £200 – £300 would be a ball park figure for a consultation.

if you know which hospital you would get the treatment at, I can give you a definitive figure when I get into work on Monday.

BoardinBob

What would be the point of a scan without a radiologist or other doctor to interpret it?!
    Surely no legitimate business would offer this!

The treatment will be broken out into it's component parts i.e. the procedure, the consultation, the drugs and dressings etc, all of which will be given their own ICD10 code.

allthepies
    Free Member

The £600 mine cost was scan only, I was handed the films immediately after the scan and took them to the private quack for interpretation.

motoscopix
    Free Member

Had mine done on the NHS couldn't fault them and it didn't cost a penny.

DrJ

They send it somewhere else?

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘MRI Scan @ BUPA’ is closed to new replies.