Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • MP3 player is winding me up.. Help please
  • chopperT
    Free Member

Ok, for a good few years now I have used a Creative MuVo Mp3 device quite successfully. I drag and drop folders(albums- tracks numbered)to the device, jump on my bike, switch it on and it plays folders (in alphanumeric order until I switch it off. Happy days.
    Now the constant soaking in sweat has finally killed it, but the replacement (Philips), will quite happily play A (1) folder, then stops. Or, will play an album (even though the tracks haven't been put in as "albums", but then stops. Whilst riding this is a pain, as you have to dig the thing out and mess with it to get it to play the next folder.
    Playlists are no help, as the tracks all end up alphanumeric listed, hence mixed up.
    So what do I do to make this thing work by itself without constantly having to be fiddled with.?

Jamie
    Free Member

…now if you had bought an iPod you would be getting more replies right now 😉

nickc

Hang on, I thought every other MP3 player in the world was a joy to use according to this forum, so you can't possibly be having issues with something that's not an ipod…

dmiller
    Free Member

Is this a small square MP3 player that you got from Asda for £25?

If so I have one just like it 😉

You need to the menu (press the return button a few times, the one next to play) go to the settings icon (looks like a flower, maybe, if you squint), press play, select play mode by pressing play, go down to "repeat all", press play, then press the return button to the top menu again, select music, then "play all".

Should work.

It keys the album and artist info off the "ID3" tag on the MP3 track by the way, not folder structure like your old one will off. Its actually quite good once you get the hang of it, well good for £25 anyway!

Oh – if its the same as mine you also want to change the screen saver to blank screen under settings, twice as much battery level!

chvck
    Free Member

Aye, as dmiller says it'll be reading the album info from the ID3 tag. My MP3 player (sansa clip) does the same in that it'll play an album and then stop, I haven't looked into how to change that on mine yet but it's very annoying. Sorry can't actually give any useful help but if I manage to figure something out on mine then I'll let you know! I think that some mp3 players have the option to display the folder structure or id3 tags so I'd have a look for that too

coffeeking
    Free Member

chopperT
    Free Member

Thanks CK :lol:, manual read, and the FAQs, but it has nothing useful to say.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘MP3 player is winding me up.. Help please’ is closed to new replies.