Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Moving House With Sky TV
  • ElectricWorry
    Free Member

so, I rent a house and have to move due to current landlady selling up. Only been here for 6 months so I’m only half way through my contract for Sky TV phone and Broadband. Anyone got any experience of the move? bit concerned that the new landlord might not be keen on a dish, so has anyone used one of the self setup dishes (floor mounted)? What are your experiences?
    Thanks.
    Also any good rides wolverhampton side of bridgnorth? I’m not far from the long mynd but I was right on the edge of the Clent Alps before.
    Cheers,
    Matt

Harry_the_Spider

Speak to SKY. They has a moving department.

We had our TV package moved the day after we got the new house. No problem at all. £60 IIRC for a new dish, fitting, cabling and set up.

Haven’t got broadband or phone with them so I don’t know how they perform with that. We’ve got BT and they were a bunch of utter ####s.

unovolo
    Free Member

I’m a Sky Engineer ,just give them a call and they will do a moving home offer.
    Would probably be wise to check with your new landlord in advance regarding the dish .
    Most landlords are fine with it as it adds appeal when they are reletting the property if its already set up for Sky.
    Cannot give you any advice regarding the “floor dish” other than for a good signal ANY Satellite Dish needs a clear line of site for a good signal hence why you never see a Satellite dish inside a attic.

ElectricWorry
    Free Member

It’s a farmhouse on a hill with no hedges around it so I reckon it’d be fairly easy to get line of sight with the floor dish thingy. I’ll try and get hold of the landlord first though. The dishes aren’t too intrusive these days and it would be on the back, just not sure if it’s listed. Sky have only just managed to get the broadband up to speed here and I’m moving out, typical.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘Moving House With Sky TV’ is closed to new replies.