• This topic has 45 replies, 14 voices, and was last updated 12 years ago by hora.
Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 46 total)
  • Moving to Hebden Bridge
  • wilde86
    Free Member

I will be moving to Hebden bridge in the next month and wondered if there are any groups/clubs/loners that wouldnt mind a tag along?

Need to get out on the bike and explore the area, find the trails and hoepfully meet like minded bikeophiles! LOL

Cheers!

binners

Most of the Hebdon Groups are run by

And tend to revolve around knitting hemp flavour yoghurt n stuff

The rest of us do fly-by raids, and get in and out before the dungaree wearing hoardes chase the ‘potential rapists’ out with pitchforks

wilde86
    Free Member

hahaha not really sure what to make of that! or whether moving there is a good idea!! LOL

mojo5pro
    Free Member

Not sure about groups/clubs/loners..but there are plenty of weirdos! 🙂
    Blazing Saddles (local bike shop) do an evening ride, or at least they used to.

binners

Despite being the wrong side of the border, We do pretty regular runs over there. You’re in trail heaven round there. You can’t go wrong. Get yourself an OS and get out there. Look out for posts of rides on here. I’ll keep you posted of our sortees if you like

wilde86
    Free Member

cheers, certainly will keep my eyes peeled for rides on here. And yea, please do keep me posted!

will be buying an OS map having just looked online, the mary towneley loop looks to have some sweet trails etc.

not so sure about the steepness of the climbs round there though! 😉

binners

Every ride out of Hebdon starts with something brutal. Worth it though. A good one is to head up to Heptonstall, then head down the Blue Pig, then over to Pecketts Well. Great fun!

neilsonwheels
    Free Member

And tend to revolve around knitting hemp flavour yoghurt n stuff

The rest of us do fly-by raids, and get in and out before the dungaree wearing hoardes chase the ‘potential rapists’ out with pitchforks

One of the engineers at work lives in Hebden bridge and he said it was full of hippies and lesbians.

billysugger
    Free Member

That’s about the size of it neils.

I watched a player for the local football team start on a (dickhead) spectator the other week. It’s different.

So far as riding goes I hope you like hills. Good place to just explore

DaveyBoyWonder
    Free Member

Loads of riding, loads of riders, can’t really go wrong. Lovely place.

peterfile
    Free Member

Hebden Brige is one of the best bases for MTB action in the UK.

It also seems to be one of the best bases if you’re a complete social misfit 🙂

hora
    Free Member

Hebden Bridge – lovely place. A stones throw from where I come from 🙂

Just avoid the nutter at the bottom of a certain trail!

bigyinn
    Free Member

You lurvve him, you waaant to kiiisss hiiiiimmm…..

wilde86
    Free Member

hora im intruiged… elaborate please! ??

yea from past visits to Hebden, ive noticed plenty of hippies and lesbian-looking woman (not to stereotype how they look), that doesnt really bother me to be honest, i thiink its quirky.. and defo better than chav filled towns!

may have a blast over the blue pig this weekend then, if current plans for the lakes fall through)!

cheers guys!

MrSparkle

Plus Moyles restaurant is very nice too.

billysugger
    Free Member

Talk with a cockney accent in a ll the bars and you’ll be fine. They embrace ‘outsiders’

wilde86
    Free Member

haha will do, although im literally from two valleys away, so sadly have the same accent! …Even still it feels like im miles away from home and travelled back 20 years!

hora
    Free Member

Well I’m from Outlane. It feels like I’ve descended into the 80’s.

I sat next two a group of hemp-wearing, rasta-haired ladies and all they talked about was their art workshops, picture making and going out. Then one mentioned what day they were due to sign on/doing after it.

I almost coughed into my drink 😆

billysugger
    Free Member

Uh-oh the internetters just got local:)

Greetland.

Hebden seems to have got a lot less edgy after dark. With the new skate park it seems to have given the yoof something positive to do.

wilde86
    Free Member

haha Hora that thread is brilliant! what a nutter. ive trained in thai boxing the last 4 years, so am sure il be fine. like you say though, not giving him the reaction he wants is the best way!

the 20-30 sized group, was that a local club?

hora
    Free Member

You’ll love it. My old 2004 silver Subaru Forester ‘works’ around there delivering food/milk. I miss it 🙁

wilde86
    Free Member

billysugar, your pretty much a Hebdener then arent you? 😉

im from Ilkley, so thats far enough to be called an ‘outsider’

wilde86
    Free Member

you miss what? the forester?

hora
    Free Member

Yes. Two years of love and trying to kill me (and passengers) 8)

wilde86
    Free Member

lol i work for subaru, so as far im concerned, you were in the safest car on the road! 😉

hora
    Free Member

Golden? I’m looking out for a oldish Subaru with 1 owner/good history and mechanics. If you see any that you wont forecourt due to age and probably straight to auction give me a shout? 🙂 (mail in profile).

I’ve had a newshape Legacy Sportswagon and the Forester.

wilde86
    Free Member

no i dont work for a dealership. work for subaru uk

wilde86
    Free Member

so your wanting another forester? petrol is assuming if you want old?

hora
    Free Member

I’d love another Forester. (or Impreza 5door).

The only neg on the Forester was the gearchange but that was the only thing. The way it pulled into bends. ****.

Clover

Check out the Blazing Saddles ride on Wednesdays. There’s another one that goes out of the Stubbing Wharf pub on Thursdays (can’t remember the time -Blazings will probably know). I’m not organised enough about riding to go but quite often bump into them on the tops.

A friend of mine runs a ride for girls on Mondays. I take it you’re not a girl though?

I’ve never seen anyone chasing blokes with pitchforks. Shame really, I have a shop on Market Street and a bit of entertainment doesn’t go amiss.

This is a beautiful part of the world – the only way is steep up and that takes getting used to. But you will. You’re hitting it at the coldest darkest patch of the year so you’re really going to appreciate the spring!

wilde86
    Free Member

cheers for that Clover, and no, im not a girl, although my hill climbing ability has been likened to that of! (no offence intended girls)!

il be sure to get along to some of the rides!

if anyone on here is planning a ride any time soon, give us a shout! 🙂

Hora, i work closely with the dealerships so will keep my eyes open for you mate.

binners

Yes. Two years of love and trying to kill me

Don’t you have to get a car above 20mph for it to become dangerous? You have a bloke walking in front of yours with a red flag. Grandma!

Clover

Your hill climbing ability will improve. There is no option.

Lee and Cragg Quarry are on your doorstep too if you’re up by the 20th there’s a ride being organised (on another thread) – it’ll be a blast.

wilde86
    Free Member

would have loved to Clover, but im riding coed y brenin and llandegla that weekend! thanks though!

my climbing isnt that bad, just my mates ride plastic bikes and are a foot shorter than me! haha 😉

billysugger
    Free Member

billysugar, your pretty much a Hebdener then arent you?

My mum grew up there. Explains a lot about me really.

I’ll be there tomorrow slipping and sliding around Hardcastle Craggs area on me green filing cabinet.

wilde86
    Free Member

aah, a fellow orange rider. lol what you on?

also, who started this filing cabinet malarkey?! heard it a few times today when a mate was going to orange factory for the dealer day!

billysugger
    Free Member

Not sure about the filing cabinet thing. Might have been funny the thousandth time. Yeah people who buy because of hysteria should be mocked but I only live less than a mile from the factory and a mate works there so I can feel all warm inside about making his job secure for the fraction of time he worked on mine.

2011 Five Pro in apple green.

hora
    Free Member

Cheers 🙂

If your near Manchester tomorrow come for a drink with us all

rockhopper70

billysugger – Member
    Uh-oh the internetters just got local:)

Greetland.

Hebden seems to have got a lot less edgy after dark. With the new skate park it seems to have given the yoof something positive to do.

Yes, the troublesome yoofs now all hang around there so don’t go to Calder Holmes Park after dark, or early evening for that matter. Last time I rode through with a group of 5 or 6, all 20+ of em were effin and jeffin at us. Nutters, propers scrotes.
    I think it the park is a bit of a no-go area at now.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 46 total)

The topic ‘Moving to Hebden Bridge’ is closed to new replies.