Viewing 37 posts - 1 through 37 (of 37 total)
  • MOUSE TRAP BAIT
  • greasystain
    Free Member

We have mice in the kitchen at work and after a failed £500 treatment by Rentosh1te we have decided to take things into our own hand.

10 members of staff have all bought traps and put a pound in the pot. At the end of the week the winner is the one with the most pelts.

I want to win! What is the best bait to catch the common house mouse?

thomthumb
    Free Member

chocolate raisins/ chocolate peanuts or salted peanuts work at our house.

cheese=fail.

Macavity
    Free Member

Chocolate

squin
    Free Member

Specialized road bar gel (that goes under the bar tape). The little feckers in my garage stripped my bars and ate all the gel stuff when the bike was stored upside down.

War was declared and I won – for the time being!

higthepig
    Free Member

Peanut butter worked for us, good luck!

tinribz
    Free Member

I read somewhere mice can count calories with their noses.

TheFunkyMonkey
    Free Member

As above, peanut butter. Anything fatty is good though. Put your bait box along the wall up against it, or in the corner. They tend to stick to corners when moving around

nosherduke996
    Free Member

Just use a razor blade on its edge. The mouse walks up to it, looke over the edge and says WOT NO CHEESE as its shaking its head from side to side.

project
    Free Member

Chocolate and talcum powder spread around, they walk over the talcum , and leaves a trail so you know where theyre coming in from, and they love chocolate.

Beer also works,but they get pissed and usually drink themselves to almost death, then you can just pick them up, and dispatch them.

steviep
    Free Member

Sultanas worked well for me. Just killed the last two in my garage, no more bait being taken now thank god.

judy-rockshox
    Free Member

A CAT!

ratcatcher

+1for chocolate warmed in pocket so its soft squidged onto trap so it won`t come off easily check traps lots as once sprung they catch no more! back of fridge or under units are good spots normally

mrchrispy

cheese…but only that stuff with the holes in it.
    at least thats what they use in the cartoons

toys19
    Free Member

The packet on my mouse traps and that said choccy spread and or peanut butter. I didn't catch any mice but I think they might not have been there in the first place.

Pembo
    Free Member

Dried dog food if you have any, especially the pink cubed ones out of Bakers Complete. But I had to superglue it to the spike on the trap as they were very good at taking the dog food without setting the trap off. Once they had to wrestle it off it seemed to do the trick. Had about 8 that way.

brakes
    Free Member

peanut butter worked for me with one mouse – first night, but another resisted any bait for weeks until I put some mild cheddar on it

RevWill
    Free Member

Glacé cherries worked for me. The cat, on the other hand, is an old lazy failure.

sambob
    Free Member

maltesers work a treat. either that or a cruel child desperate for money equipped with a baseball bat 😉

SaxonRider

bacon. seriously. we're talking hundreds of pelts.

blades2000
    Free Member

Salami

FROGLEEK
    Free Member

+1 Peanut butter plus cheese combo – hard to resist for me let alone a mouse

pitduck
    Free Member

bacon+1 it`s the duct tape of the food world 😆

bassspine
    Free Member

mushy peas

daveob
    Free Member

I leave the traps set all the time with chocolate. It lasts months and every now and then you get the odd surprise when you go to pick up your bike.

Harry_the_Spider

Chunks of Mars Bar.

greasystain
    Free Member

Doh! Can you believe it?

Came into work this morning and discovered one of the traps had caught a mouse…. the bosses trap. Typical!

BTW It was baited with peanut butter.

miketually
    Free Member

Icing worked for us, for catching rats.

singletrackhor
    Free Member

chocolate squashed into the bait holder.

Lifer
    Free Member

baby food

glenp
    Free Member

Take a tip from my Dad, who has eighty years' experience, and singe the bait with a lighter or match once you have it on the trap. He uses bacon rind tied on with string and then singed, but cheese also gives off a nice toasted aroma after a few seconds of naked flame.

miketually
    Free Member

In the House of Lords, it was suggested that they use hypoallergenic cats to control mice level: http://www.publications.parliament.uk/pa/ld200910/ldhansrd/text/100303-0001.htm

matthewjb
    Free Member

Peanut butter worked for me.

I used crunchy. Smooth may also work.

obirobkeno
    Free Member

I've always used peanut butter… It's crack for mice! Although, last time I had a mouse in the flat, no food-stuffs were harm, just my Haynes manual at considerable velocity; the Mouse War of Ealing was won… 😀

odannyboy
    Free Member

my dad always used a bit of toasted bread ie crust with marmite on.reconded it was a good un!

yoda
    Free Member

Without doubt THE no1 mouse trap meal of choice is………….the humble fishmeal trout pellet!
    Just grab a bag of 4mm sinking feed pellets from your local angling shop.
    Set the trap, gently sprinkle them on the killing plate and wait for Trixie and Dixie to come a picnicking!

They won't be going to mouseville with Mr Jangles anymore, no siree!! 😆

coffeeking
    Free Member

They had free reign of my kitchen and chose chocolate and weetabix.

Bunnyhop

We used Cadbury's drinking chocolate powder.

Viewing 37 posts - 1 through 37 (of 37 total)

The topic ‘MOUSE TRAP BAIT’ is closed to new replies.