Viewing 27 posts - 41 through 67 (of 67 total)
  • Mountain Mayhem course map
  • mtb_rossi
    Free Member

Double. Definitely.

Oggles
    Free Member

WHAT TYRES FOR MM 2011?

Just bought a pair of Schwalbe CycloCross Pro 26×1.35… just in case 😉

shortcut

Mud x 29er style for me. Could take cx tyres too!

5thElefant
    Free Member

Racing ralph 2.4s and black shark mud 1.5s for me. That pretty much guaranties I’ll have completely the wrong tyres on at some point…

trail_rat
    Free Member

taking anything but mud tires is fools folly.

steve_b77
    Free Member

Mud X’s will be taken and the bike currently has NN front & RR rear, can’t be that muddy 😆

gee
    Free Member

Single – you’ll just get chainsuck on a double.

steve_b77
    Free Member

Single Speed, you’ll wreck your mech if you’ve got one 😆

Rohloff. Best of both worlds. 😉

onewheelgood

RRs on at the moment, but I’ve invested in a pair of Black Shark 1.5s

Nick

Last time I did it (2005 I think) Trailrakers were de riguer.

gee
    Free Member

Has anyone found a shop that still has the mud sharks in stock?

grtdkad

Plenty enough climbing there for me. I hate that climb up out of the campsite, it has been ace the last couple of years (when we’ve been coming down it)!

cakefest
    Free Member

Proper drag on wet grass that will be.

njee20
    Free Member

Double. Definitely.

You pessimist! I think Gee’s right, my bike gets chainsuck in the dry! If it’s dry the single will be fine, if it’s wet I’ll be walking regardless!

Has anyone found a shop that still has the mud sharks in stock?

Petra Cycles claim to. I could be wrong, but I think Beyond had a pair at one point too, may have been Freds, they had some silly tyres, just forget which extreme!

pedlad

Very different course this year then. Am I the only cynical one that thinks the op might have been bored on fri afternoon and had some fun with us? There’s no sign of this on the website.

If it is right then it’s a shame that the route misses the bit over by the duck pond as it was quite technical relative to most of the rest.

grtdkad

Pedlad, that perma-wet section down through the woods to the pond? Looks like they’re giving it a rest this year.

Just spotted Pat heading to the local Chinese take away here in Malvern. Just to emphasise that they’re all here now setting up!

Steve-Austin
    Free Member

Nothing on any MM course has ever been technical 😆

trail_rat
    Free Member

the entrance to the showers at the end is a technical dismount once your clean at the end to avoid getting clorty again ! thats all i remember !

SurroundedByZulus
    Free Member

Should the event be renamed Muddy Mayhem? Thinking that name would be a bit more accurate seeing as it’s pretty much always muddy and there are sure as hell no mountains.

onewheelgood

I got the Black Sharks from nextdaytyres about three weeks ago – today the 1.5s are showing as out of stock, due in 1-2 days but they still have 2.1s

5thElefant
    Free Member

Ooh… that is different. And there is a bridge… 🙂

grtdkad

Starting the sacrifices to the sun gods now.

What would MetCheck know anyway?

5thElefant
    Free Member

Last year the forecast was exactly what it is this year. This was Friday night:

So… it might be nice again.

I’ll sacrifice a few chickens just in case.

Looks good and the marshalling point numbers make sense now there’s a bridge.
    I still haven’t sorted out getting gears on either of my bikes. I really don’t think I could last 24 hours of those climbs on a single speed.

votchy
    Free Member

Looks like the bombholes might be in (muc-Off take off) so the marshalls at M12 will be busy, seem to remember quite a few incidents when they were in before, will guarentee a crowd of spectators egging you on to get some air 😀

Viewing 27 posts - 41 through 67 (of 67 total)

The topic ‘Mountain Mayhem course map’ is closed to new replies.