Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Motorcycle Jackets, that look like bellstaff's?
  • thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

Is there a modern, cheeper replica of the bellstaff jackets?

Seeing as Its primary function is to save me from excessive pain if I have an argument with the ground I recon I'd actualy cry if I hit the ground and ruined £300-£500's worth of jacket as well, regardless of whether I was unscathed or not!

Basicly I want my £50 armoured cordura jacket (so it'll be better than waxed contton anyway) with a belt, and lots of brass buttons (top make it look like a bellstaff).

lobby_dosser
    Free Member

most belstaffs don't offer any protection, they are mainly to look like you've got a 1970's montesa that you plug around a muddy field with.

Hein gericke and akito good jackets fairly cheaply, i think you need to at least double your budget though.

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

yea, mine was a bit of a bargain from the bike show a few years back. This is for my dad as an early christmass present as I'm takning mine back off him.

they are mainly to look like you've got a 1970's montesa that you plug around a muddy field with.

How about a 1940's velocette (with air forks that have gone almost their entire life without a service and still hold air (for about 48 hours)? He's traded that in and now has an armstrong MT-500, or maybe a 350, can't remember, but you get the idea of the kinda guy I'm buying for.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    5thElefant
    Free Member

Loads. Have a look at george white's outlet centre (website or in person). I've got a real one and it is very good (a modern one, not one of those stinking manky wax things), but I wouldn't want to crash in it. So get one to fit over your leathers (or don't crash).

Northwind

The good Belstaff stuff like my Polar and Celsius winter kit is proper riding gear. The waxed jacket stuff is for posing in, definately not for crashing in. I can't think of anyone off the top of my head that does a modern repro though, there's lots of nice retro-ish leathers but not the wax jacket sort. You see them sometimes at bike shows from the crap leather shops mind.

5thElefant
    Free Member

Ah, by belstaff does the OP actually mean a wax jacket? I took modern to mean 'modern belstaff' jacket. I've no idea where you'd buy one of those.

masterofinsanity
    Free Member

i won a RST "base" textile jacket a month or so ago, always used leather but find this jacket very comfy and has millions of pockets, well worth a look at will definitely be using it through the winter months!!, usually sellin for £70 mark but have seen some on ebay for £50, take a look.

Northwind

No, I was wrong, read the post again- looks like he wants a retro-looking cordura jacket but with a belt and buttons to give it a retro style. Ignore me 😛

myheadsashed

Barbour do a waxed retro type version for posing in v.nice.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Motorcycle Jackets, that look like bellstaff's?’ is closed to new replies.