Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Mothers Day – Practical Present Ideas?! (no flowers)
  • alexxx
    Free Member

I’ve just been reminded its that time of year… what can I get mum!

I want something she can use or get something out of rather than a bunch of flowers… any ideas? budget up to £50.

Thanks.

valleydaddy
    Free Member

wellies

alexxx
    Free Member

shes got some – shes nearly 60 – loves gardening stuff (but that makes it harder as she probably has it or would think my purchase was naff) she doesn’t have any self watering stuff tho – anyone know about that gubbins?

wallop

How about a nice trug?

alexxx
    Free Member

great suggestion however downside is she cant pick up anything heavy or large due to arm pains so something less hands on 🙁

kayak23

Mothers day was never about lavish gifts, don’t reinforce the marketing hype. Get her a nice card and go round and cook her dinner 🙂

Bunnyhop

Have a little look at my blog. http://emmyjane-design.blogspot.com/

We’re 2 STWers who met riding our bikes and set up a small business, mainly handbags, aprons, kiddy and gifts for women. I’ve always got good feedback from the chaps from here who’ve bought stuff.

mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

£50!

Just do something to show her how much you love her (like cooking her dinner as above).

My first year with no mum to tell her how much I love her 🙁

maccruiskeen

If she likes gardening then maybe something a bit different. Bosch do powered pruners that my mums makes good use of for gardening if hand strength is an issue. I also bought her some pretty natty japanese gardening tools a wee while back. Like japanese saws they cut on the pull and are just kind of nice. Over the years I’ve also mail ordered her a Rowan Tree (to plant at the gable end of the house and keep witches away) and some blue potatoes, (and some shetlands blacks (yom) and some arran victory (yom yom).

wallop

Oh ok. There are lots of self watering pots available, not sure about the difference between the various types though.

LadyGresley
    Free Member

Sundial or birdbath for the garden?

TiRed

A cleaner or do the ironing.

alexxx
    Free Member

Some great ideas thanks that I’ll look into – I can’t go round sadly as I live 1000 miles away in another country!

mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

Just ring her up and chat then – ask her how her day/week/month* has been.

*depending on how long it is since you last spoke to her.

No expensive gift will ever replace her knowing how you feel about her.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘Mothers Day – Practical Present Ideas?! (no flowers)’ is closed to new replies.