Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 25 total)
  • Most pretentious Mountain Bike Video?
  • fervouredimage
    Free Member

Not much happens in this other than a minute of walking down staircases with a hood up and standing by a fireplace and pushing a bike through a house. There is a little bit of riding but it just detracts from the fireplace.

Pretentious garbage.

_tom_
    Free Member

Life Cycles. It does look really nice though. I remember seeing one about bikepacking or bivvying or something recently that looked utter shit as well. The guy in the trailer looked like a beardy pretentious **** anyway.

chvck
    Free Member

Any video that doesn’t have someone riding a bike in the first 30 seconds doesn’t get played unless I already know it’s really good. Videos with voice overs about being at one with nature don’t last long either, I JUST WANT TO WATCH PEOPLE RIDE BIKES.

greeble
    Free Member

@ op jelious a girl rides better than you?

Mackem

It’s alright, nowt wrong with a canny lass and a bike.

timbo678
    Free Member

Quality vid, makes me want to ride and she is fit…job done

alfabus
    Free Member

lifecycles +1

Miserable sods

rewski
    Free Member

bits of reveal the path made me cringe a bit, especially the fat bike sequence, all sitting round the fire discussing how great life is… it’s ok guys I get it, it’s just bike riding. Most of it was great though.

kayak23

Ok, this is Kayaking not MTB but it’s kinda funny.

A load of kayaking pros made this video, which is somewhat pretentious….

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0vFKh22bAlY[/video]

So, someone else made this spoof. Brilliant 😀

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ETU7TPSaLcU[/video]

😆

svalgis
    Free Member

Videos with voice overs about being at one with nature don’t last long either

Haha, so true. Surely Life Cycles must take the price.

I also remember a video of Semenuk, I think, where the first minute or so is him explaining how he knows how he likes his bike set up although he might not be able to say why but anyway when he rides it he knows if he likes it or not. Non-coherent rant that is apparently made to make me “stoked” about the video or something? What the actual F.

Gotama
    Free Member

Which trail centre is she riding? Looks kinda fun.

LoCo
    Free Member

New Afan bike park, it’s an alright video, so smooth and fast,
    the ones with monsilabic rider voice overs and endless shots of slomo clouds, water dripping off trees are pretty samey and dull now.

DaveyBoyWonder
    Free Member

the ones with monsilabic rider voice overs and endless shots of slomo clouds, water dripping off trees are pretty samey and dull now.

Life Cycles is the winner then! Watched it again the other day and wished I hadn’t. Waste of time…

maxtorque

I quite like that video the OP linked too! Not soooooo long you fall asleep, lovely smooth riding, not so “in your face, my bike spends more time on it’s back wheel that eddie kids” that it becomes show-offy 😉

unklehomered
    Free Member

+1 Life cycles from me. Sorry.

ononeorange

I think that’s a really good video, personally. Very atmospheric, great music, and she’s clearly buzzing afterwards.

I just wish I had a fraction of those skills.

fervouredimage
    Free Member

@ op jelious a girl rides better than you?

I’m a fan of manon carpenter but my race times are consistently faster than hers in the British downhill champs 🙄

And it’s not her fault the video is nonsensical pretentious garbage.

ti_pin_man
    Free Member

I like lifecycles … but then I do have a pretentious goatee beard 🙂

BillOddie

It has to be Ultramundane! 😉 Seb and Dan take the Michael.

BillOddie

I’m a fan of manon carpenter but my race times are consistently faster than hers in the British downhill champs

Prove it!

legend
    Free Member

Life Cycles is easily user tuneable for better performance though. Hit “mute” on the remote and “play” on your own soundtrack – sorted

buzz-lightyear
    Free Member

OK so the opening shots were bit “beauty parlour” but they are trying to sell trail bikes to Girls so what do you expect.

Anyways… it’s the brilliant Manon Carpenter riding new trails in Wales. I aint bad.

alfabus
    Free Member

her bik is saracin.

svalgis
    Free Member

Life Cycles is easily user tuneable for better better performance though. Hit “mute” on the remote and “play” on your own soundtrack – sorted

It doesn’t eliminate the endless timelapses though, or that scene where it fades between different seasons about fifty times (and not particularly well done either). My god.

I’ll say that I do enjoy it overall, there’s some really nice riding and camera work in there.

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 25 total)

The topic ‘Most pretentious Mountain Bike Video?’ is closed to new replies.