Viewing 13 posts - 41 through 53 (of 53 total)
  • Morzine-Montriond area, green/blue ish options for kids. And non riding things?
  • carlphillips
    Free Member

taking my 2 young uns over to chatel again tomorrow, they loved the blues and greens over there the other day, riding out from morzine early in morning, is the gr5 descent from the mossettes lift ok for little uns? they’re fairly capable on reds, just wasnt sure how steep/techy it would be? and the mrs fancied something a little more xc other than berms and tables…
    if you see us say hi, one lad on yellow 24″ stinky and the other on a green 24″ Orange patriot…

oh and watch out a few lads have had chalets broken into and bikes stolen. 3 chalets the night before last got done…

lister

We are in a chalet above La Baume, bit of a trek to get to but lush views. Sorting the multi passes tomorrow and will initiate the kids into the fun of ski lifts (without bikes). And a swim I reckon.
    Any top places to get cheap lunches?

BoardinBob

is the gr5 descent from the mossettes lift ok for little uns?

Should be fine. Not as flat out as the alternative “megagravalanche” option. First bit can be very fast but it’s straight. Small climb in the middle.

carlphillips
    Free Member

cheers BB…

Stoner
    Free Member

Best food vfm on the hill is les marmottes at the bottom lip of the lindarets bowl where the road comes up between the rocks.

carlphillips
    Free Member

twas a nice little addition onto the days ride, wasnt tech at all and pretty fast in places, led nicely into the descent to lindarets too.
    wouldnt do it on my own but as a family trail it was fun.

the new green at the top of the zore lift is a giggle too, definitely child friendly

lister

We broke the kids in gently today. Rode from St Jean to Morzine along the river trail. Nice singletrack in places, not too steep most of the time up into morzine but fun enough on the way back down. We parked by the horse place Ranch de PDS which is down by the river behind the old derelict medical centre building.
    Good fun without being too in your face for my smallest who can struggle for confidence.

Carl; are the Chatel trails around the Pierre Longue lift?

carlphillips
    Free Member

yes off that lift and chuax fleurie (sp?) and lindarets, but if your little one struggles for confidence then i wouldn’t recommend it, even panoramic green has some large steep berms which could prove difficult for little ones.
    the les gets green off the chavannes lift is a better introduction and not half as busy.

Stoner
    Free Member

Agree

The green to chatel from chaux fleurie is a transit green with a lot of traffic and some big features for a green.

I will be taking Jr to super morzine /serrausaix /zore.

lister

Thanks. What is the blue like from Les Gets to Montriond like? It sort of runs parallel to the main road. Looking for little circuits on the piste map at the moment.

lister

Sorry, one more question: I see in the big a4 Morzine handbook that you can buy single journeys on some lifts. For example the Avoriaz lift network it says valid for super moraine, lindarets, mossettes and zore etc. Will a 1 way ticket only work for one lift? ie if we buy at bottom of super m then we couldn’t get on the zore as well? Probably a silly question…

Ambrose

Re: number of uplifts- AFAIK you will only get a single journey. So if you are in Morzine (at the Super Morzine lift) you need to ask for a ticket to the top of the Zore.

Re: Les Gets to Montriond- it’s a really nice ride. The riverside path up from Montriond to Morzine is nice too. Very relaxing indeed even if it is (very gently) uphill.

Stoner
    Free Member

The green from Montriond to morzine is our daily commute during summer. Safe and easy for the boys. The route extends North to St Jean d’Aulps as an easy route, and South past nyon towards le lac des mines d’or. The southern section is a little more demanding due to the gentle climb steepening just a bit, but it’s not technical.

Tickets are for zoned areas unless you get the pds pass. Passes are for days. Zone tickets can be bought with a number of trajets on them, each trajet is a single lift ride so to get up on to super morzine requires two trajets. (bubble and zore)

Viewing 13 posts - 41 through 53 (of 53 total)

The topic ‘Morzine-Montriond area, green/blue ish options for kids. And non riding things?’ is closed to new replies.