Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 25 total)
  • Morzine / les get – bin there done that where now?
  • rax92f
    Free Member

easyjet releasing flights soon……….been to morzine last 4 years and looking for somewhere new

anyone been here?
    http://www.alpibikeresort.com/

or other sugguestions

Kramer
    Free Member

The White Room St Foy, if you're looking for epic deserted singletrack. Can't recommend it enough.

GlennG
    Free Member

Sierra Nevada, Spain (with Switch-backs), similar to you had spent years doing the alps and fancied a change, Spain has some of the best trails ever.

nicks
    Free Member

Been to Verbier the last two years .. loved it !!bit more singletrack based but good range of riding.

Kramer
    Free Member

3 good choices there then.

rax92f
    Free Member

like the idea of sierrra neveda – guess thats grenada – last time i went there i got arrested……..(was mistaken identity and crappy spanish on my part!)

solamanda
    Free Member

I've been to the Alpi bike, photos here: http://www.flickr.com/photos/dcsolomons/collections/72157621720185821/

Mont Genevre was really good, very well thought out dh style singletracks with jumps and drops. Real eye opener to how a bike park should be built in the alps, we managed to ride pretty much everything twice in a day, wouldn't stay there more than two days.

Sestriere was freshly cut dh and could do with some bedding in. The lift is short and they only used half the lift altitude. However the tracks were great and worth a days ride.

Sauze D'Oulx was average but definitely worth a days ride. Trails were good but not maintained well and have abit too much traffic.

Bardonacchia was utter shite! We did two runs and went elsewhere. Avoid.

All in all the resorts are much better than just going to the same old Morzine. I highly recommend going by car and having a roadtrip.

naokfreek
    Free Member

Champery: steep, mental and almost deserted at the beginning/end of season, lots of runs built by Ben Walker, who is mad, some crazy stuff. Mellow stuff too though.

I recommend it.

mybike
    Free Member

Was great to see loads more trails built this year above Les Gets & Chatel bike park rocks but I'd still put Whistler top of the list. Its not like the alps, the bike park is one side of one hill with 2 lifts but you'd do well to hit it all in 2 weeks.

Alpi bike looks good having said that…

plumber
    Free Member

Rivierabike

titusrider
    Free Member

trailaddiction 🙂
    super sweet singletrack tech and rocks and fun

nickegg
    Free Member

+1 for the Tarentaise valley (Ste Foy/Les Arc/etc). Easily enough there to test any rider.

Base yourself in Bourg st Maurice and ride the whole area.

Trekster

Verbier
    Slovenia
    Spain..sierracycling, basque, switchbacks etc
    Cyprus
    Italy

Malaga for Spain seems preffered

Mackem

East Anglia.

Del

joyriders in spain or bike verbier. verbier has more singletrack descending than you could shake a pump at, and all of it is interesting. you'll easily do 2000m descending before lunch most days. a real test of brakes and nerve. a supremely professional and well thought out operation too, in every respect. recommended. 🙂

mrsflash
    Free Member

Rivierabike.

Ben_Haworth

I fancy exploring Croatia or Bulgaria.

nasher
    Free Member

Alpibike resort is typically Italian, i.e unfinished and not thorughly thought through.

It has the potential to be really good, but the lifts and trails are not interlinked so you will have to drive to each resort.

Also it is very expensive accommodation wise, lift passes you have to buy per day as you cannot buy one pas for all the resorts.

If you want ski lift alp's riding then you cannot beat the trails and guys at Trailaddiction, also Bike verbier has a good rep but i have not ridden there yet.

Alternatively check us out at rivierabike.

deus

how about Whistler?

go on, you know you need to!

gingerflash
    Sugar2
    Free Member

Been there last 10 years, still love it, still finding new stuff, but then I do the All Mountain rather than the same track/run everyday all day like some of the DH boyz. Have heard that the other resorts are catching on and have some great stuff, Portes de Soleil needs to continue making runs and maintaining those they have got, which unfortunately they tend not to do

Toombsy
    Free Member

I went to south Spain last October and was very disappointed.
    Went to Pyrennes which was OK – rocky singletrack and very hot.
    As you say, have done Morzines / Les Gets, which are great, but I would like to do the Swiss Alps – Bike Verbier.
    What about something in Italy? There are some great youtube clips of Italian riding.

nickegg
    Free Member

Check out Livigno in Italy.

A great website is http://www.altarezia.ch.

backhander
    Free Member

Oooh Benji please go to Croatia.
    I've been a few times but never with the bike.
    Plitvice forest is the most beautiful place I have ever been.
    No euro, nice people, AMAZING women, good beer. Find the trails and let us know.

Burchy1
    Free Member

Del – Member
    joyriders in spain or bike verbier. verbier has more singletrack descending than you could shake a pump at, and all of it is interesting. you'll easily do 2000m descending before lunch most days. a real test of brakes and nerve. a supremely professional and well thought out operation too, in every respect. recommended.

+1

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 25 total)

The topic ‘Morzine / les get – bin there done that where now?’ is closed to new replies.