Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Morzine Enduro Routes
  • alextevens
    Free Member

Heading to Morzine with a group mid August. I was wondering if anyone knew any decent enduro loops, and if you did do you have the GPX files? If any has a GPX of the Pass Portes du Soleil that would be awesome as well?

Any advice would be greatfully received!

Cheers!

darrenspink
    Free Member

Whats a enduro loop?

Ambrose

Email me for routes if you’d like.

oldtalent
    Free Member

Whats a enduro loop?

Without thinking too hard I would suggest a long ride encompassing natural techy trails with a bit of pedalling. Not as boring as xc, not as full on as bikepark runs.

Anyway op I would suggest rideability as a decent guide for the area.

nickjb
    Free Member

La Foilleuse lift is closed so that limits the ppds route unless you fancy a big climb in the middle

With that in mind does anyone know of a big lift assisted loop with minimal climbing?

Stoner
    Free Member

Foilleuse out? Wow that will kill summer for Morgins. Is it all season? I know it’s knackered and one of the most rickety in the area, but that’s a blow.

Big loops with little climbing then would prob be stuck with bouncing over mosette Swiss and back via lac Vert then up into avoriaz.

Anything heading up the Swiss valley will require a climb

Stoner
    Free Member
    Ambrose

Hmmm- very inconvenient closing the lift 🙁 but it’s not too difficult to ride on the road up and over the Pas de Morgins and then down into Chatel for the free bus up to the Chatel Bikepark 🙂

BoardinBob

Here you go

https://www.strava.com/routes/9902590

A very brief sample

[video]http://youtu.be/AkH6B5durEU[/video]

jambalaya
    Free Member

PPdS loop is fairly well signposted – its a big xc ride with a few options. You can get gpx of various rides of course but imo worth buying an ign map if for nothing else to understand how the area links up and doing research over a beer

I think the STW consensus is that “off-piste” is the term we prefer rather than “enduro loop”

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Morzine Enduro Routes’ is closed to new replies.