• This topic has 16 replies, 11 voices, and was last updated 11 years ago by dobo.
Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • Mornings!
  • monkeycmonkeydo
    Free Member

How do you folks get yourselves going on a morrning?I tend to feel mentally iand physically tired for quiet sometime.Is it just me? Cheers,the apes.

jota180
    Free Member

just get up – quick cup of tea – and get out

I’m up and at it by 6 most days, never later than 7

monkeycmonkeydo
    Free Member

I,m impressed.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

cup of tea, read the news, breakfast mooch round read facebook, think about a ride maybe get out…..

Currently Unemployed…….

Junkyard
    Free Member

there is no think either do or do not

i just accept that is how you feel in the morning and ignore it and do what I have to do…alarm goes off I get up and get on.

the thought of doing most things is usually owrse than the reality and you still have to get up and on anyway so why waste time thinking about it?

gusamc
    Free Member

by birth I think, now habit, don’t lie in even at weekends, born [and then lived]in middle of nowhere, so early taxi to school as a nipper, then working in London and commuting (a great reason to get up early) and now living the the SE it’s the only way I can bimble around without hearing traffic or seeing anybody, and the rising sun really is the way to see in the day.

BenjiM

Up at 5.50am every morning. Shower, omelette, double espresso, ride to work. You get used to it. I also get dressed at some point between showering and riding to work.

trail_rat
    Free Member

If i have good reaSon it helps

Driving to work is not a good reason it depresses me ! Used yo get up at last minute

Riding to work how ever made me keen to get up have breakfast and get going to get a ride in at 6am

That helps – then i get into good patern and get up at the weekend at 6.30

monkeycmonkeydo
    Free Member

Seems like it all depends on whether or not your in work or unemployed/retired.How do you men of leisure manage to get up and get moving/get energised.

dobo
    Free Member

you guys that are getting up around 6am, what time are you going to sleep? figuring out what time i need to sleep to get up early is my problem.

trail_rat
    Free Member

Between 10 and 12 depending on how tired i feel , find that towards the end of the week i want more sleep

Dont go to bed unless im tired though.

Its a long lie for me tbh as when im offshore im up at 4.30/5am

amplebrew

I go to sleep around 11pm, get up at 6am and I’m out cycling to work by 6.30am.

Even when it’s dark, freezing cold and raining; it’s never as bad you think it’s going to be once you’re out.

It’s also a good idea to have all your kit prepared and set out the night before. It makes it much easier to get yourself out first thing.

I leave all my cycling gear in our back bedroom so that I don’t disturb my wife in the morning.

It doesn’t take long for it to be routine.

I’m loving this time of the year, it makes a massive difference now it’s day light early on.

monkeycmonkeydo
    Free Member

O4.30/5.00am. Wow

jonba
    Free Member

I’m normally up at 6.30 and in bed by 10.30. I have a job to get to so need to move. Breakfast,, coffee, 30 minutes on the bike and a shower wake me up enough to be alert at work.

jota180
    Free Member

you guys that are getting up around 6am, what time are you going to sleep

around 11

yunki
    Free Member

At about 7am my two year old son lies on top of me for a bit to warm himself up.. then when he can take no more of this smelly old fools somnambulistic torpor he rolls out, grabs me by the finger and pulls gently in the direction of the door, coaxing me with a softly repeated ‘come on daddy, you can do it…’

I then stagger into his room, read a couple of books and then persuade him as quickly as possible that the best place to be is downstairs.. which is where I start self-administering industrial strength sweet tea until full consciousness is achieved..

I do this on about 4 or 5 hours sleep per night, due mostly to my other, more antagonistic, 9 week old son.. 😐

dobo
    Free Member

5-5hrs lol, incredible really, i was hoping that you would all say that your in bed by 10, which my mind just wont accept or unwind in time for. i usually go from 10.30-11.30 and find a 6am awakening very hard to manage.

not just you monkeycmonkeydo..

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)

The topic ‘Mornings!’ is closed to new replies.