Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • More Phone Stuff I'm Afraid….
  • Clobber
    Free Member

Is it possible to get a phone that is a good phone and is good for email?

Not bothered about any other functionality no apps etc.

It needs to be cheap and sim free…

OR if anyone has a phone they want rid of cheap, let me know what and how much.

Clobber
    Free Member

Anyone…?

warton
    Free Member

Blackberry or similiar would be your best bet

Clobber
    Free Member

Blackberry’s aren’t cheap though…

donsimon
    Free Member

When you say cheap, do you mean cheap to buy or cheap to run? I would second the Blackberry, but I guess sending and receiving emails is going to cost you no matter which phone you choose.

Clobber
    Free Member

Cheap to buy, my work covers the tariff but they only offer crap phones that are hopeless for email and I want to use it for email!

Cougar

You need to check with your IT bods that a Blackberry (or indeed, anything) will work with their email solution -before- you buy it.

Clobber
    Free Member

Good point but if this nokia x6 can do it, I assume absolutely anything could do it better as it is shit

Cougar

I only mention it as I’ve been on the other side of this; I used to manage a corporate BES (Blackberry server) and it wouldn’t work with Blackberry devices bought on personal contracts, for technical reasons that momentarily escape me.

This was quite a while back, and times may have changed. I’d just me wary of assuming, is all. (Plus if they say it’ll work, and it doesn’t, you have the higher ground.)

dave_aber
    Free Member

Get a Nokia e71. Secondhand or NOS, should be cheap. Don’t confuse the Nokia e-series with the rest of the crap Nokia (can) turn out. The e-series really are good. It looks like a Blackberry, but it works. And 4 days on a single charge too.

Has other bells / whistles too, but is a good phone and is good for emails.

Clobber
    Free Member

Good comments, any handset recommendations?

CaptainMainwaring
    Free Member

Nokia E series are specifically designed for enterprise use (hence “E”) so very good for email – I had an E92 for 2 years. Also Blackberry, but most recent phones should have an email client.

randomjeremy
    Free Member

Blackberry hands down, excellent tool for email, plugs in to gmail, long battery life etc. I wouldn’t bother with anything Nokia, they haven’t made a decent phone since the 6310i.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘More Phone Stuff I'm Afraid….’ is closed to new replies.